Which replacement shocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CBG

I would be most grateful for any advice from the MBC hive knowledge. It feels like time to change the shocks on my W202 estate as the car is starting to jostle the occupants on bumps and feel a bit bouncy bouncy.

Just want reasonable OEM parts that don’t affect the insurance but what do you recommend? Bilstein B4s, Sachs, standard Mercedes (pricy)........

Anyone used the partsformercedes.com aftermarket shocks – friendly price but any good? http://www.partsformercedesbenz.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_25_882&products_id=3194

Many thanks

CBG

I would be most grateful for any advice from the MBC hive knowledge. It feels like time to change the shocks on my W202 estate as the car is starting to jostle the occupants on bumps and feel a bit bouncy bouncy.

Just want reasonable OEM parts that don’t affect the insurance but what do you recommend? Bilstein B4s, Sachs, standard Mercedes (pricy)........

Anyone used the partsformercedes.com aftermarket shocks – friendly price but any good? http://www.partsformercedesbenz.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_25_882&products_id=3194

Many thanks

CBG

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I tried to have a look at the link, but it didn't work for me.

Feel free to drop me a PM with your reg, and ill help you find the price on some SACHs units :D

Give me your numberplate and I'll get you Bilstein B4 at an amazing price.They are the best shocks. We are Bilstein dealers and and have supplied shocks to a few people on the forum.

Make sure you haven't got self levelling rear suspension - some w202 estate did have this i believe ??

If you have self levelling and the symptoms might suggest this its possible the gas spheres have gone rather than the struts/shocks-- the spheres are relatively cheap whereas the self levelling struts are a mite expensive!!! Check your hydraulic fluid level reservoir under the bonnet also-- location details are to be found in owners handbook.

:)Much obliged gents. My faithful car is a w202 c220cdi T reg. Non-sport suspension-estate. It is still running so nicely that it is not worth changing it (apart from the tired dampers). It has conventional shocks on the back (think they are gas mono-tube). (Anyone know what H10 in large red letters on the rear shocks means?). Merc list the correct parts for the shocks as front A2023234500 and rear A2023262900. It is just that their price is on the fierce side. Hence my question about more friendly priced OEM alternatives.

Thanks for the kind offer HB. If I am correct, the Bilstein sites lists the parts as 24-018562 front and 24-018579 rear. How do I contact you?

Give a call to Olly (BlackC55) down south. I'm sure he can find you a solution

Merc list the correct parts for the shocks as front A2023234500 and rear A2023262900. It is just that their price is on the fierce side. Hence my question about more friendly priced OEM alternatives.

Hows This:

Description: Sachs Shock Absorber (front) [A2023234500]
Part No.: 635223650
Web Price: £116.40 (Priced Per Shock Absorber)
Forum Price: £87.30
Sachs - Euro Car Parts UK
635223650.jpg

Description: Sachs Shock Absorber (rear) [A2023262900]
Part No.: 635223620
Web Price: £100.80 (Priced Per Shock Absorber)
Forum Price: £75.60
Sachs - Euro Car Parts UK
635223620.jpg

In Stock in almost all branches for 'Same Day Click & Collect' or For Next Day Home Delivery.

HTH

Patrick

Try Bren at Wundepartz. A fellow Mercedes-Benz Club member was delighted when he got 2 x front & 2 x rear Monroe shocks from Wunderpartz for his R107 for just over £200 inc delivery. Worth a call to find out. 01302 623292. Great people to deal with too. Have your chassis number handy.

Much obliged gents, a great help. I was swayed towards Sachs based on your helpful comments as they are most likely to be close to standard spec. I managed to get a set of Sachs (gas mono-tubes) for £220 from France.

Much obliged gents, a great help. I was swayed towards Sachs based on your helpful comments as they are most likely to be close to standard spec. I managed to get a set of Sachs (gas mono-tubes) for £220 from France.

Thats quite a price difference by just buying from France!

If possible could you PM me the supplier you got them from

patrick

Fitting the shocks went well (apart from getting soaked when it rained). Springs and bushes look OK. The Sachs gas mono-tube shocks give a lovely, quiet and comfortable ride but still manage to keep body roll under control. In short, it rides like a Mercedes again. Well pleased. Thanks again.

Give me your numberplate and I'll get you Bilstein B4 at an amazing price.They are the best shocks. We are Bilstein dealers and and have supplied shocks to a few people on the forum.

Hi could you contact me I am looking for B6 Shocks for 55 plate E280cdi avantgarde estate?
I don't have enough post to PM.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Chapelhill

Hi could you contact me I am looking for B6 Shocks for 55 plate E280cdi avantgarde estate?
I don't have enough post to PM.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Chapelhill
Hi there. Myn came from my INDY and they are totally superb. Way ahead of SACHS.Call him on 0141 954 4447 his name is Steven the best Merc indy in Scotland by far.

Hi there. Myn came from my INDY and they are totally superb. Way ahead of SACHS.Call him on 0141 954 4447 his name is Steven the best Merc indy in Scotland by far.

Hi
Thanks very much for the quick response, but the tel no is saying number is not recognised, could you double check please?
Sorry to be a pain.
Regards
Chapelhill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom