Which Sat Nav for CLK W209 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.Khalid

Car
Mercedes W209 CLK350 Sport Auto
Hi Guys,

My CLK 2006 facelift was factory fitted with a SatNav but the previous owner swapped it for Audio 20.

I want to put back an OEM Sat Nav and I have seen few on Ebay but they were removed from C Class W203.

Can I fit the W203 sat nav into CLK W209 Facelift?

Thanks for your help.

With the facelift W203/W209 the NTG2 Audio-20 and COMAND are different shapes. I.e. you need a CLK W209 Satnav. Part number will start A209.

Only the older Comand 2 is the same shape

Hopefully the last owner left the GPS antenna in there for you - that will make your life easy. I assume you have a NAV display in the cluster and can't set the time as it will be expecting to get that from the COMAND

Richard

PS. my pictures are for the W203, with the W209 instead of removing the vents. the switch panel above the COMAND just pulls straight out. You have to get the clips absolutely straight before pushing it back in afterwards.

Richard

I think you should be looking aftermarket, the comand does look good but quite outdated compared to some of the sat navs of today.

For the hassle factor, when compared with the limited functionality against aftermarket units, it seems like a bit of a no-brainer unless you're super-keen on the OEM look.

Alternatively, and by way of halfway house, have you given any thought to the Chinese Android units (see link below)? Keep the OEM look, add the functionality. The downside is that they can be a bit of a quality minefield, so perhaps worth scouting some of the US forums for recommended models, as they seem much more on-board.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018V56EIC/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Thank to all of you for your help!

Hopefully the last owner left the GPS antenna in there for you - that will make your life easy. I assume you have a NAV display in the cluster and can't set the time as it will be expecting to get that from the COMAND

@ Richard - Yes! I have checked and I can see a blue harness hanging at the back of the Audio 20 unit. Also I cannot change the time because there is no "time & date" option in the cluster...
Its a shame that they are different shape because they both look very similar.

I think you should be looking aftermarket, the comand does look good but quite outdated compared to some of the sat navs of today.

@Tanuie The thing with aftermarket is that you are never safe from bad surprise e.g Quality issue, or map update...
and on top of that the aftermarket headunit lighting will not match to the CLK original amber lights. I think the best choice is OEM Sat Nav if you want to keep the value of your car...that's my opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom