Which Screenwash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I need to stock up on screenwash - I use a fair amount of the stuff.

Which is the best brand to buy for value/performance?

Pay a little more for a premium product?

Or go to Tesco and buy their own brand?

TIA.

Paul.

I've started using this stuff from Euro Car Parts - I have to say its pretty good. It is concentrate so 5L @ £3.99 is particularly good value.

545772061.jpg

I just buy Merc 500ml > 5 litre concentrate from the local dealer.

Couple of quid a go and it lasts a decent while.

The BEST stuff by far is the MB pink screen wash fluid. I could buy cheapo stuff to put in my customers cars but I dont.

I've started using this stuff from Euro Car Parts - I have to say its pretty good. It is concentrate so 5L @ £3.99 is particularly good value.

545772061.jpg

I use that, seems pretty good at cleaning and smells quite nice too, have had other stuff before (dont know which brand anymore) that smelt like stagnant water.......

545772061.jpg

The REAL GOOD thing about this stuff is ..............its made in LANCASHIRE!!!!!! Bury to be precise!!!!!

As per Black it is not just a screen wash is it.

It is a heater circuit and jets which contain components that you do not want to furr up.

By using the proper article as Merc intended these components will stay alive for far longer , for a little bit more cost.

The ph neutral fluid in the merc product couple with ionised water mix will keep your system like new, as mine are at 170,000 miles.

MB do a "winter pack" which should be marketed again about now which contains two bottles of pink, one bottle of blue, a bottle of de-icer spray and a plastic scraper for about a tenner. I'll be picking some up soonish for me and the missus. Great value!

As per Black it is not just a screen wash is it.

It is a heater circuit and jets which contain components that you do not want to furr up.

By using the proper article as Merc intended these components will stay alive for far longer , for a little bit more cost.

The ph neutral fluid in the merc product couple with ionised water mix will keep your system like new, as mine are at 170,000 miles.

You learn something new everyday, thanks ;)

Many thanks for the advice guys.

I ended up buying two of these today for £5.99 (buy one get one free) but I'll look into the other brands suggested. :thumb:

The Winter Health Pack is currently £13 from inchcape: WINTER HEALTH C - - Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

From a 2-year-old thread:
I was buying some parts from the counter at MB Manchester last week and I spotted a "Winter Care Pack" for sale, £12.

If you're thinking of buying some screenwash then I recommend this pack.

Contents:

1x 1l Anti-freeze (big bottle of blue stuff) - normally £6.30
2x 500ml Washer solvent (smaller bottles of pink stuff) - normally £3.22
1x 500ml De-Icer spray - normally £3.89
1x white MB ice scraper (not the flashy black one they sell) - np part number :(

Total would be £16.33 for that lot normally :)

I can post a pic if anyone is desperate.

The part number for the pack is Q3 60 03 169

Hmm, wonder what this is

Cross-referencing on the net suggests it is 'Winter Screen Wash'

Cross-referencing on the net suggests it is 'Winter Screen Wash'

You need to have two different bottles of Merc screen wash to see you through the whole year cycle.

The normal pink and the blue wash for winter application which protects against freezing.

It will not damage the paintwork but keep everything working at freezing temperatures and to obtain fluid at that first push of the button on a very cold morning where the car has stood overnight.

You add both to the water (soft water) so the products go a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom