Which colour?

• Keep it original, Blue-Black 199

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Obsidian black metallic

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Black (non metallic)

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
stats007 said:
I guarantee the heads will also be of the Police :D

To be honest, its so low i have to drive it cautiously so won't be ripping it around. And besides its my cruiser!

I did consider putting the black classic car plates on it but realised it wasn't worth the added attention.

What a stunning car. Looks amazing, a job well done!

I think the classic plates would look the biz.

Just wondering how long before it appears on ebay and what the next project will be. :D

Thmsshaun said:
Just wondering how long before it appears on ebay and what the next project will be. :D

Exactly what I was thinking!

Thmsshaun said:

Give me first refusal. It's looking great you must be very happy with all the hard work you have put in.

How are you feeling after your ordeal, back on the mend ?

Thmsshaun said:

It might well also be illegal. :eek:

John

Looks great, more pics please! :D
KLP 92 said:
To be honest, its so low i have to drive it cautiously so won't be ripping it around. And besides its my cruiser!
Speed is not the reason it will be attracting police attention ;)

133783712729214200625613PM.JPG

133783712729214200625626PM.JPG

133783712729214200625639PM.JPG

133783712729214200625654PM.JPG

133783712729214200625706PM.JPG

All the paintwork has been completed. Will go in for a polish in a weeks time, and have the central locking checked as its being slightly moody!

Currently with George Fraser, having teething problems from the engine build. Should realistically be back with me next week hopefully!

KLP: Is the MB Centre Cap missing from the off side front wheel ? In my opinion those alloys are one of the best designs that AMG have ever done and is my favourite (3 piece).

In relation to the eletric aerial in the rear quarter panel are you going to change the head/housing that sits on the panel to a black Bosch/Hirchmann one? On my W126 I replaced the entire electric aerial and got a OEM Bosch one from the Stealers that had black housing but a chrome/silver mast and blended in nicely with my paintwork. You can also get black aerial masts that would look good on your car :)

Can't wait to see it up close.

I saw your car at GF this afternoon, looks awesome! Shame you were not there.

Koolvin said:
I saw your car at GF this afternoon, looks awesome! Shame you were not there.

Thanks mate!

I've spent way too much time in that garage! Was there till late last night as well and have had to do some work for a change!

Have they started to work on it yet?

I've just read this entire thread and at the risk of appearing to be a copycat I'm about to embark on pretty much the same project, with a 1990 sec that's Blue-Black.

Circumstances means I've been lucky enough to find a new shell and engine so I'm effectively starting from scratch.

I am however going through exactly the same thought process with the colour, as much as I like Blue Black I've always had a hankering for jet black, they just look so right as AMG cars (which mine will be also).

I like the removal of the bonnet emblem, something I hadn't considered at all.

I'm going to have drive up and meet you for a coffee I think, I can see the anorak conversation already!

i saw this car for the first time the other day and can tell you the colour has to be seen to be appreciated... the level of shine and the metallic finish is something else... if i was ever to do a full respray then a metallic black would definately be on the cards..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom