Which should I buy people??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
Mercedes-Benz E Class 3.0 E280 CDI Sport 7G-Tronic 4dr

Mercedes-Benz CLK 5.4 CLK55 AMG 2dr

Im torn over which to go for. Both totally different i Know but iv always wanted both. The AMG is a beauty and the E280 is a nice cruiser.

I do on average 100 miles a week maximum. Insurance funny enough for the AMG is slightly less and road tax is the same. I know diesels are pricey when they go wrong but the AMG i imagine could be financial destructive if it was to go wrong.

Which would people go for?

AMG for me. If you go E you'll always wonder what the CLK would have been like.

Good luck.

Ant.

Unfortunately the E55 is out of my price range. Im leaning towards the E Class as its a traders car and you get a warranty etc..

Of those two I'd take the convertible every time. Especially given the relatively low mileage you do.

Can't see the point in buying a diesel if you're only doing 100 miles a week - 5k PA?

The CLK55 will probably hold its value better and engine wise should be more reliable.

Cheaper to insure and with better residuals enjoy the V8 soft top and the difference in mpg should even out. Even at 15mpg I can't see you using more than £30/week in fuel - the CDI will still need filling up and possibly save you £500 over the course of a year - one repair could eat that up anyway.

You'll get there a lot quicker in the CLK if need be though :D

No brainer, the AMG all day:thumb:, your average mileage does not warrant a diesel (considering diesel fuel more expensive than petrol).

Mercedes-Benz E Class 3.0 E280 CDI Sport 7G-Tronic 4dr

Mercedes-Benz CLK 5.4 CLK55 AMG 2dr

Im torn over which to go for. Both totally different i Know but iv always wanted both. The AMG is a beauty and the E280 is a nice cruiser.

I do on average 100 miles a week maximum. Insurance funny enough for the AMG is slightly less and road tax is the same. I know diesels are pricey when they go wrong but the AMG i imagine could be financial destructive if it was to go wrong.

Which would people go for?

The E looks a nice car, they are chalk and cheese. If it were my choice I'd save a bit more for a 55k or go with the E in the link unless you want AMG power?. Imo the C is starting to show its age in the cabin.

Do you have a girlfriend? If you have, you should go for the first one. It is much more stylish and attractive.

AMG clk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom