Which should I keep: S124 300TD or Toyota Prius?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timster

Car
Currently Merc' Less.
Well, seeing as no one bought it:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-cars-sale/95340-s124-300td-7-seater-sale.html

I've got it back on the road and fixed the fuel problem (Changing the syphon in the tank, draining it, changing all filter seemed to fix it)

Dilemma is: Do we keep the almost new Toyota Prius which should run trouble free for many years, or sell it and keep the 124 which already has 264000 on the clock and probably will cost a fair bit to keep on the road.

I much prefer the merc. My heart says merc, buy my head Prius - what would you do? We can only keep one car.

I must say, it's very nice to be behind the wheel of the merc again having spend the last 10 000 miles in a prius!

I think my minds made up, what would you do ...

Merc every time .

I hate plastic cars .

Keep the Mercedes Benz
The depreciation on the Prius will be greater than the cost of maintaining the car you enjoy driving, so following your heart makes good economic sense.
Is there a Prius Owners Club forum?

From a 124 owner. No brianer, the 124 stays.

Only the pious drive a Prius. Or your firm gives you one to run.

Sell them both. Then buy a lower mileage Merc.

There is a Prius forum (priuschat.com) not a patch on this one, and predominantly US users, but a good source of info.

Can't sell them both - if the Prius goes, the money is put onto the Mortgage, not another car.

99% sure it's gonna be the prius that goes. Gonna keep both till after christmas and see how the 124 goes.

Only the pious drive a Prius.

I like that Lol :D

Really, only you know which car you should keep and the reasons why.

I am not, personally keen, on most modern cars. But, the Prius, does interest me. I am not really a fan, but, I do find the technology interesting and would like to know more about what they are like to own and drive.

The Prius, I think, will become a bit of a 'Classic' one day, as the first of the mainstream leccy/hybrid cars.

I am sure they are very different vehicles to own, your choice and the reasons why, will be interesting, I hope you keep us posted.

The prius is interesting to drive. but it's all electric and computer driven. Get in, pop your "Key" into the slot and press "power" Engage d and off you go. The computer does the rest, CVT gearbox, constantly switching power sources. Around town it's great, comfy and spacious and well designed. On long runs it's a bit Whiney. Build quality is good, but there's a lot of plastic and I don't think it'll wear as well as the Merc (i know it won't) It's cheap to run, road tax £10 per year and high 50's MPG. But - it's boring, and characterless and a constant source of mockery!

get your moneys worth out of what you've already spent on the 124
Shame its a manual...

I hate plastic cars .

I agree, totally.

I really don't like the image also.

But, the tech is interesting. It was a brave move by Toyota, at the time it came out. I am interested as to what people's real life experiences of owning one are. I guess, to confirm my doubts about them as much as anything.

For various geeky reasons I have an interest in new technology and cars. Our son had a Prius for a while as a Company car and the sensation of driving it was strange to say the least.
I have also just seen the Gordon Murray T.25 City Car at the Future Car Challenge - reverse of the London to Brighton 'Old Crocks run' - where it seated 3 and did nearly 90 mpg. Bear in mind he designed the Mercedes McLaren as well!

I also saw an electric Smart Car being charged at Mercedes World yesterday and wondered why there are not more around. I can count on the fingers of two hands the number of times I have had more than 3 people in my car over the past 6 months and would be more than happy to drive one to and from work - 25 miles each way - now I have actually sat in one.

I much prefer the merc. My heart says merc, buy my head Prius

I must say, it's very nice to be behind the wheel of the merc again having spend the last 10 000 miles in a prius!

I think you answered your own question there - you only live once - keep the Merc :thumb:

Funny!:mad::mad::mad: The Mercedes will bankrupt you very quickly!:confused: They are NOT known for reliability:mad::mad::mad::mad:, especially when they get old!

:ban::ban::ban::ban:

tree huggers,sorry but how can you you drive one of those cars they are so boring in everyway,i would rather walk

but thats only 1 opinion,

Dealer only fix too for the Pious.
The RAC or AA will not ventrue further than a flat tyre. Its straight on the low loader (that usually takes time to pitch up too) and off to the main dealer.

Hmmm earth loving motor vehicle that will alows you to join the moral mighty,,,,or the MAN's earth trembling motor that lets you trample them underfoot!

Ponder long not sir, relish the sound of tin and battery beneath your MAN's steel toe'd boot shod heel!

you might have a buyer for one of them!!!!the

earth loving motor vehicle that will alows you to join the moral mighty, :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom