which snow chains top buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is how the rear tyres look. The space between the arch and tyre look small. Is this normal.

See attached file.

Attachments

• 20181124_134814.jpg
    20181124_134814.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 9
I was in S. France at the end of October & planned to visit Andorra for a couple of nights before returning home. But even in the last week of October it was snowing there & -11C during the night, so we never went. Not sure your chains will come home unused!

ive been trying for half day to put this on rear wheel. extremely difficult. even jacked it up but the chain does not want to connect at the bottom :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

ive been trying for half day to put this on rear wheel. extremely difficult. even jacked it up but the chain does not want to connect at the bottom :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Imagine travelling any distance on a mixture of snow covered roads and cleared roads and having to take them on and off several times in extreme cold and wet or at even night in the dark. Makes you realise why winter tyres have become so popular!

I am driving to andorra in france and i need to buy snow chains. im looking for the cheapest set so if i don't use them i can come back and refund it. my tire size is 245/45y/18. it is for my s500

do i put them on rear wheels?

the arch looks very close to the wheel is there specific type i need to get?

i have seen the following

DeltiGrip Deltigrip eco - Quality Snow Chain for your car - mytyres.co.uk

in amazon im not sure which i should get and would be easy to refund if it does not get used.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_11?url=search-alias=automotive&field-keywords=snow+chains&sprefix=snow+chains,aps,194&crid=1LWEWJW4CI8IZ

halfords are over £60 - too pricy
If you have used snow chains in the past, then you will be OK if you have to use them..... BUT, if you have never used chains, I would strongly recommend that you practice fitting and removing them before you actually need them. Trying to figure out what goes where, when you are already in snow covered roads, and it's freezing cold, is not the ideal time to learn !!!:confused: Good Luck on your trip, and I hope you enjoy it !!!:)

Thanks everyone.

I have one more question. I thought the vehicle rise button would increase the rear height but only does front. Is that normal?

Not wanting to upset my fellow forum members. But why are you asking us about snow chains ? WTF do we know here in the UK about the use of snow chains ? fitting and using them here would be illegal on 95% of our roads 99% of the year.

Try MB Norway, or maybe Canada.

At a guess 80% of UK drivers don't even Know that winter tyres exist. Never mind about snow chains.

It goes without saying that members on this forum will help as much as they can but I guarantee you very few of us will have used snow chains on their (predominantly) RWD cars here in the UK. But I hope you get the advice you need and can rely on. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom