Which Snow Foam ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisk2010

MB Enthusiast
Car
C230 w203
So it's time to get some snow foam ( I think ) and I know I’m opening up a can of worms with this question but what can everyone recommend as a good pre-wash snow foam ?

What I’m looking for is a PH neutral, decent dirt shifter for under £20. I'm not sure whether the cheaper 5ltr ones are comparable to the 1ltr bottles around the same price mark.

I'm lazily looking at them on the first two pages on Amazon :rolleyes: so contenders are:

-Pro-Kleen 5L of Cherry Snow Foam with Wax ( can't see it's PH neutral but is cheap )
-Valet PRO pH Neutral Snow Foam (1 Litre)
-Bilt Hamber Auto Foam (5 Litre)- Can't see it's PH neutral but BH is generally pretty good so I threw it in the ring.
-Auto finess Avalanche Snow Foam - This seems to be mentioned quite a lot when looking around.

The wild card is Fireball Hydrophobic snowfoam but seems more a post wash thing :)

Thanks in advance all

elite care care snow foam , its affordable and doesnt need to be used neat in the snow foam bottle to foam up. it can be topped with water

I chose the Valet PRO Advanced Neutral Snow Foam after reading loads of discussions on the Detailers forum.

Very pleased with it but I don't make snow with it, I mix it in a pump sprayer and just spray it all over, supposed to give a more effective clean and more economical too as you use a lot less of it. Leave it to soak and pressure wash off.

It's a brilliant wheel cleaner too mixed at twice the strength you use on the body.

Thanks guys !

Heard good things about those

I have too they seem to be popular and well regarded.

elite care care snow foam , its affordable and doesnt need to be used neat in the snow foam bottle to foam up. it can be topped with water

cheers Burtonization23 ( Burt from now on :) ) i'm just having a look now seems like good stuff at a good price.

That's quite interesting b1g1an that you don't use snow foam lance and prefer a sprayer for more effective cleaning i'll have to have a google a bit later.

I do prewash my car by using a PH neutral soap and the soap attachtment on my pressure washer.

The stuff clings really well and suds up lovely and doesn't strip the wax protection the only thing is it dries quite quickly (under 10 minutes) and with the coming summer months i wanted to turn to snow foam.

Recently started using ‘Sams Detailing’ products.
All of great quality a UK based company

That's quite interesting b1g1an that you don't use snow foam lance and prefer a sprayer for more effective cleaning i'll have to have a google a bit later.

I do prewash my car by using a PH neutral soap and the soap attachtment on my pressure washer.

The stuff clings really well and suds up lovely and doesn't strip the wax protection the only thing is it dries quite quickly (under 10 minutes) and with the coming summer months i wanted to turn to snow foam.

P.S. i thought i posted this reponse yesterday ! Doh

P.S. i thought i posted this reponse yesterday ! Doh

That is the one disadvantage with the sprayer method too, just need to pick your wash time carefully...once every six months seems to fit with the weather nicely :)

Try the new autoglym polar blast . Best I have used so far . For better value try bilt hamber auto foam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Autoglym Polar Blast, I've used it three times so far and get great results every time.

Thanks for all the help guys !

I have ordered the lance up so hopefully it'll fit. I think i may go for the auto finess first as the reveiws and comment fill me with the most confidence.

This afternoon I will pop a picture up of why i wanted a good snow foam. I cleaned the car two days ago and it is covered in dust and pollen !

Thanks for all the help guys !

I have ordered the lance up so hopefully it'll fit. I think i may go for the auto finess first as the reveiws and comment fill me with the most confidence.

This afternoon I will pop a picture up of why i wanted a good snow foam. I cleaned the car two days ago and it is covered in dust and pollen !

What lance did you go for?

and what pressure washer do you have? The quality/density of the foam produced has a lot to do with the pressure of the washer. You can see comparison videos on youtube comparing cheap 110bar low flow washers with bigger petrol washers.

The higher pressure produces smaller bubbles, so you get what's on top of Guinness, rather than what's on top of lager.

Well have two pressure washers but the one i use at work when i do the car is a cheap vax VPW4C about 120 - 180 bar (i know!) which is pretty good to be honest. The lance i brought was a compatible one off Amazon which had good reviews.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DS7CZM8/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

The other pressure is a K4 but there's no way i'm bringing that into work for the boys to cover it with dye (i work in a colour factory). The problem at home is i parked quite far from the tap so i don't really have the chance to use it on the car.

Hopefully these will come out but here is what is driving me to the edge of madness.

IMG_0353.JPG IMG_0354.JPG

I cleaned the car Saturday :wallbash:

At least when it rains i can admire the beading but no rain and this dust / pollen looking stuff is terrible. Next time i'm buying a silver car.

Try Sonax BSD after you've washed. After several applications, you should notice the car staying cleaner for longer, and being much easier to clean when you do, as the layer of dust just rinses off with water before you've even gotten the car soap out.

Sahara dust, comes off easy with pressure washer..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom