Which Snow Foam ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I feel your pain, I also spent more time than usual on Saturday on my obsidian black CLK, mainly because I was staying out of the way of the wife but also because I wanted to really make it shine in the sun!
I had roughly a quarter of an hour to admire all my hard work before it rained and then instantly dried up (it was a warm day) leaving a fine layer of dust/sand!
I’m going to try ‘Gtechniq C2v3’ in an attempt to make a slick surface that nothing can stick to.

Try Sonax BSD after you've washed. After several applications, you should notice the car staying cleaner for longer, and being much easier to clean when you do, as the layer of dust just rinses off with water before you've even gotten the car soap out.

Just ordered from car parts 4 less £7.68 will give it a go :)

I feel your pain, I also spent more time than usual on Saturday on my obsidian black CLK, mainly because I was staying out of the way of the wife but also because I wanted to really make it shine in the sun!
I had roughly a quarter of an hour to admire all my hard work before it rained and then instantly dried up (it was a warm day) leaving a fine layer of dust/sand!
I’m going to try ‘Gtechniq C2v3’ in an attempt to make a slick surface that nothing can stick to.

It really is a kick in the happy sacks when that happens and it's just all the time!. Not only that i'm so afraid of swirl marks by dragging any quick detailer over the dust that i just wash it again lol.
Let me know how you get on with Gtechniq C2v3 I'll be interested to find out.

What i'm thinking of trying next month when funds recover a bit from birthdays and having new windows put in in this month.

If i hit the car with AF snow foam and let that do it's thing to remove the dust and dirt. Then jet wash that off and hit it with Fireball hydrophobic snow foam as a post wash which is meant to have good beading abilities.

I have a large compressor at work which is regularly serviced and inspected which i could use to dry. My thinking is that doing this will reduce interim cleaning time and do away with two bucket clean once a week replacing it with a contactless clean if you like. My only worry is the finish.

I'm hoping that the prep work i put in when polishing, waxing ect will come into play here.

I went the Amazon route too - Bild Hamer stuff works very well and bundled with a gun it seemed good value too.

i think snow foam is over rated, look at kkd citrus pre wash, thats my go to theses days.
and i used to love snow foam so its not like iv not used it

It really is a kick in the happy sacks when that happens and it's just all the time!. Not only that i'm so afraid of swirl marks by dragging any quick detailer over the dust that i just wash it again lol.
Let me know how you get on with Gtechniq C2v3 I'll be interested to find out.

What i'm thinking of trying next month when funds recover a bit from birthdays and having new windows put in in this month.

If i hit the car with AF snow foam and let that do it's thing to remove the dust and dirt. Then jet wash that off and hit it with Fireball hydrophobic snow foam as a post wash which is meant to have good beading abilities.

I have a large compressor at work which is regularly serviced and inspected which i could use to dry. My thinking is that doing this will reduce interim cleaning time and do away with two bucket clean once a week replacing it with a contactless clean if you like. My only worry is the finish.

I'm hoping that the prep work i put in when polishing, waxing ect will come into play here.

chrisk2010, here is what I used today.....

Meg’s gold class wash
Black hole
Gtech C2v3
PB’s Blue natty wax
(Micro fiber clothes through out)

Gtech C2v3 was a wipe on wipe off process, can’t see how any gets left on the bodywork but that’s how its done.

Anyway here’s a couple of pics, one hour from finishing and it’s now covered in a fine layer of yellow pollen from the tree reflecting in the bonnet [emoji15]

adbc66b1f6e72284cb60f8a03fd17ac8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using T
38492b980413c924ee3420733cbe6305.jpg
apatalk

Jeez if I did that all the local seagulls would have a field day...looks fantastic by the way.

That looks great mate !

I manage to get a good clean in yesterday but left the snow foam at home :wallbash:

Halfords Shampoo ( it's not the best but it's cheap when I want to wash a couple of times)
PB Black Hole Glaze
BH Double Speed Wax ( this tin is nearly done so next will be PB natty wax or Dodo Juice Black widow )

Cleaned and dried

IMG_0538.JPG IMG_0539.JPG

PB Black hole glaze & BH Double speed wax

IMG_0542.JPG IMG_0543.JPG IMG_0546.JPG

I didn't have too much time as the missus popped out to pick up the mum so i thought i'd get a sneaky clean before having to return home to clean the patio and dig over the garden and light the BBQ.

I have been dying to use up the BH wax to buy a black wax. I like the BH wax but it can leave white residue on the rubbers and show every single stone chip to the world which on a black car looks terrible. Plus a black wax should be a nice filler for light scratches because lets face it no matter how careful we are we all have them.

Just walked out to car and with true marksmanship a seagull found it :rolleyes:
Caught SWMBO putting out bread for the gulls after mine had been washed!

Mercedes SL500 R231

That looks great mate !

I manage to get a good clean in yesterday but left the snow foam at home :wallbash:

Halfords Shampoo ( it's not the best but it's cheap when I want to wash a couple of times)
PB Black Hole Glaze
BH Double Speed Wax ( this tin is nearly done so next will be PB natty wax or Dodo Juice Black widow )

Cleaned and dried

Yours looks great too! [emoji106]

PB natty wax (blue) is great with no white residue to build up in stone chips etc, I would like to try the ‘Dodo Juice Black Widow’ as I suspect it’s a better wax (though twice the price).
Problem is I still have nearly a full pot of natty wax and Gtechniq C2 v3 Liquid Crystal to use up.
Gtechniq C2 v3 has got to be the easiest product to use ever! I’ll have to wait and see how long it lasts and how good the water beading is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just thought i never posted updated how i got on with the snow foam.

The lance itself from amazon to fit my Vax pressure washer was perfect, the were reviews that some had to hold the gun sideways but that wasn't the case for me.

I went with Autofiness Avalanche because of the reviews however if i'm honest i was in Halfords and have a trade card so it's knocked a few pennies off.

The first time i used it was on the missus Zafira that hadn't been cleaned for a while so was a prime candidate to use my new toy on.

After tweaking the valves a bit i have to say that it may seem a bit of a novelty before you buy one but the first time you use it it is so much fun and well worth it, even my daughter who hates load things like the hoover or pressure came out to give the passenger side a thorough sudsing

I left the foam to do it's job for around ten minutes and hit the car with the pressure washer and i have to say i was very impressed at how much dirt was shifted.

The car hadn't been washed for maybe 4 weeks and had a good build up of road grime so it could have been a bit of a placebo effect but the two bucket wash was definitely easier as i usually go around twice but i felt once was enough after examining the rinse bucket which was pretty clean.

My conclusion is that even if it may seem like a bit of a gimmick my result was great for a prewash and made things much easier.

I managed to get up this morning to give the car a well deserved clean. I'm still getting used the valves and i'll mark them once i find the sweet spot but here an obligatory snow foam shot.

IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG

It had two coats of snow foam this morning the first once i was playing with the ratios (trying to make the bottle go futher) but i soon realised it's best to follow the instruction and used the reccomend "2 inches" to the litre as you get a thicker foam which sticks for longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom