Which tyres for E350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keith of kent

Car
E212 350 sport night edition estate , GLA 200 Sport Premium
Need to rep[lace the Conti's on my 2015 E350 soon. The Conti's last well but they are noisy on all but the smoothest of roads. I will stick to a leading brand, Lepsons told me a few months ago that Conti's are the only ones to be "MO" approved. Not sure whether that is an important factor. It's on "18's" if that makes a difference
Any recommendations?

Who cares if they are MO approved. :D

Goodyear/Falken/Avon are all good and very reasonably priced

On the back I had to stick with Conti’s as that’s all the shop had in and mine was too dangerous to drive on, so I had Sport Contact3’s, which are a bit old now but they don’t make the SportContact 5 or 6 in this size.

Then went with PremiumContact 6 Conti’s on the front. Didn’t pay the extra £££ for the same models which have the MB logo.

I’d probably go Michelin if I had free reign again, but the reality is any decent brand is more than fine. I watched a lot of reviews (dork) but the Premium Contact 6's got excellent reviews.

TBH, in normal driving, I didn’t even notice any difference driving these vs the budgets, so... any of the premiums will be grand I'm sure!

Last edited:
I have used Conti, Goodyear and Michelin’s.
Conti I found a bit rough
Goodyear’s are so smooth and quiet
Michelin PS4 - just phenomenal

listen all the above are great as are mid market brands but, what I’ve noticed is that Mercs are more tyre sensitive than other cars I’ve had. Buy the best you can. Also,I wouldn’t worry about the MO thing.

I replaced my Continetals with Matador tyres after a recommendation on this forum. Apparently they're owned by Conti and they use their older tread patterns. Think I paid £76 each for the rear 265/30/18's. No problems with them at a all.

I have used Conti, Goodyear and Michelin’s.
Conti I found a bit rough
Goodyear’s are so smooth and quiet
Michelin PS4 - just phenomenal

listen all the above are great as are mid market brands but, what I’ve noticed is that Mercs are more tyre sensitive than other cars I’ve had. Buy the best you can. Also,I wouldn’t worry about the MO thing.

What was it about the PS4 that you liked so much please?
Were they as smooth and quiet as the Goodyears? I don't drive like a lunatic and get at least 22K miles on a set of tyres, I usually replace them at about 3mm (and I still have the origional pads and discs at 40K miles!), so smooth and quiet works for me

Well the op wants a top brand and so most of the good ones have been mentioned,interesting that there are no votes for the Pirelli P Zero,I had these on the S and they were awful,they wore out so quick I vowed never to buy them again,I take with a very large pinch of salt the reviews of tyres,I found the best tyres for my S was Nexen SU4 they are cheaper to buy and last a long time,they are great for a heavy car as they are made for Suv's,but for many the name on those black circles is the main attraction,everybody to his own,

What was it about the PS4 that you liked so much please?
Were they as smooth and quiet as the Goodyears? I don't drive like a lunatic and get at least 22K miles on a set of tyres, I usually replace them at about 3mm (and I still have the origional pads and discs at 40K miles!), so smooth and quiet works for me
Firstly the steering response is fantastic, it feels razor sharp and the turn in is brilliant. The car doesn’t even know the road is wet with the level of grip they give. Not as smooth and quiet as the Goodyear ASY3 which are discontinued now though.
However the issue is that the Goodyear ASY5 don’t have the same low 67db rating as the 3. The 5 have the same 70db rating as the Michelin. In saying that, they are very quiet and worth the extra bit of money. I got mine during a deal at Costco £111 for the fronts snd £163 for the rears for 18 inch tyres.

Just fitted Michel Pilot Sport 4 all round on mine and it handles beautifully :)

Seem pretty quiet too

I replaced The Pirelli for the DunlopSports Max , The Dunlop’s are so much more quiet. The ride is superb as well .

OK, thanks for all the comments, time to do a bit of research.
From the above I'm leaning towards Pilot Sport 4's

OK, thanks for all the comments, time to do a bit of research.
From the above I'm leaning towards Pilot Sport 4's
Just been to Lepsons and had a pair of Pilot Sport 4's fitted to the front. Initial impression is that they are very quiet so much so that I can hear the Conti Sport 5's on the back. They will be replaced in a couple of months.

Had the PS4's fitted to the back last week.
This has absolutely transformed the car, iot's so quiet now. Have stopped listening to the radio, now listen to the silence, cannot believe it.
Also as said by HB the handing now is so much better on something that I thought couln't be improved.
Thanks to all who gave recommendations

Thanks for updating us Keith of Kent.

It's nice to have some direct feedback on specific tyres for specific cars. I have an E350 too, so this will be in my consideration for next time.

Thanks,

My Greedy

Glad you’re pleased, Michelin are very good.

Need to rep[lace the Conti's on my 2015 E350 soon. The Conti's last well but they are noisy on all but the smoothest of roads. I will stick to a leading brand, Lepsons told me a few months ago that Conti's are the only ones to be "MO" approved. Not sure whether that is an important factor. It's on "18's" if that makes a difference
Any recommendations?
always been a fan of Perelli P zero

I like P-Zeros too which surprised me as before I experienced them I thought they wouldn‘t last - but they have done really well. Have always gone for MO fitments as there doesn’t seem to be any reason for not trusting MB engineers. I’m sure non-MOS are fine too if others have tried them. Only experience I did have was a set of AOs (Audi) on my car for a while due to lack of availability and was surprised at the way the car felt different (and better) on the MOs. Less ”grainy“ if that makes sense and quieter too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom