• Toyo Proxes TR-1 £559

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bridgestones Fr. RE050A Re. RE040 £611

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Hankook Ventus V12 Evo £573

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
I will be replacing my tyres on my C43/55 very soon as the rear ones are very nearly illegal, and the front are mismatched and very noisy.
Money is as you expect at this time of year is a bit tight especially as I,m going to have to replace the A/C Compressor first thing in the new year.
I have looked on line for tyres and short listed my options, I have listed the five options together with the price for all four correct sized tyres for my car (rim size 18").
Which ones do you think offer the best value money, in the terms of handling longevity etc.
Input much appreciated.

Last edited:
Where is your list ?

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

What is the size of the tyre and what ratings does each tyre have?

AFAIK the Falken 912 have been superseded by the 914

I'm on my second set of Falkens 912's, cannot fault them, every bit as good or better than all the expensive brands. For what it's worth, the Bridgestones RE50's are the worst tyre my CLK has ever had, a tyre that has been around a long time and surpassed by the latest tyre technology.

Russ

+1

Falkens are really good i have them on mine price wise you cant fault them and they have good grip to

+1

Falkens are really good i have them on mine price wise you cant fault them and they have good grip to

I'm glad that's the general consensus for falkens as I'm looking out my lounge window watching them get fitted to my '32 as we speak!

I voted for Kumhos, whenever I keep a car long enough to have to change the tyres, that's what I put on almost always.

hey andy.
buying new shoes for your baby?

buy continental for you car, i think this is the best tire for a benz.
i bought my tyres from german ebay.
this have to be a great deal, I will never ever buy tires from Sweden again.
German ebay is the way to go!

Sommerreifen CONTINENTAL SPORTCONTACT 3 FR MO XL (TL) 255/35R18 94 Y | eBay

cheap shipping for you if you buy 4 tires £19

Last edited:
The prices I have quoted is from an online retailer and is for 2 of 225/40/18 and 2 of 255/35/18 all the tyres are "Y" rated.
I have had a pair Kumho's before on the back of the AMG with no issues (when the 17" rims were still fitted), but I was neither impressed or dissapointed, as they did,nt really excell themselves in any one aspect, with the possible exception of longevity.

hey andy.
buying new shoes for your baby?

buy continental for you car, i think this is the best tire for a benz.
i bought my tyres from german ebay.
this have to be a great deal, I will never ever buy tires from Sweden again.
German ebay is the way to go!

Sommerreifen CONTINENTAL SPORTCONTACT 3 FR MO XL (TL) 255/35R18 94 Y | eBay

cheap shipping for you if you buy 4 tires £19

Hi,
Yes you maybe correct regarding the best tyre for it as according to my data card they were fitted with them from the factory. But I,m afraid my budget won,t stretch to them, so I have had to make a compromise, the makes I have put in the poll are as an alternative within my budget.

I have just changed the rear tyres on the S-Class 22,128 miles on Falken 452 which have now been discontinued and replaced with 453's i think, or is it the other was around ?. This will be my third set of Falkens and i am very pleased with the quietness and performance especially as the 500 is a very heavy lump and my right foot does love a V8.

£200 each fitted and balanced, which for a 20" tyre is not bad.

Anyone in the Woking area Martin's Tyres ask for Paul 01276 856846 I have used them for many years and they are still the most competitive.

It will be interesting to see how they get on,must admit the new tread looks very good.

Last edited:
Falken 452's are excellent.

RE050's are v. good also, but quite heavy.

RE040's are a waste of time. V bad in the wet when more than 50% worn.

Proxes TR 1 good also.

Also take a look at Vredestein's. I have Vredestein Sessanta's on my E55 and like them. On my second set, good value and look good too. There is a newer Vredestein tyre out too which also seems to get good reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom