Which tyres on a mk1 ML270?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carparkno1

Car
ML270 CDI
Picking up my 2001 ML tomorrow night. It currently has 17inch tyres on, and they look to be reasonably budget ones. I want to equip this car with some proper brand premiums, so could anybody suggest what they use on theirs?

Should I be looking at 18 or 19s instead or will that ruin the ride?

If you want to change up to 18 or 19 inch tyres, you will of course need new wheels, I am sure you realised that. You would gain better looks, but in my opinion, not a better ride.... PLUS the 17 tyres should cost less that the bigger ones and from what I hear you will need new tyres more frequently than most saloon cars do.
Having said that Mercedes alloys from Alloy Wheels Direct have several 18inch alloys at under £1000/set of four up to 22" Brabus monoblocks for £9000!
I do think premium tyres are worth it, not sure what brands for an ML, depends where you will drive it I suppose; there will be lots on this forum about suitable tyre brands for you to make a judgement. Lets know what you end up with.

If you want to change up to 18 or 19 inch tyres, you will of course need new wheels, I am sure you realised that. You would gain better looks, but in my opinion, not a better ride.... PLUS the 17 tyres should cost less that the bigger ones and from what I hear you will need new tyres more frequently than most saloon cars do.
Having said that Mercedes*alloys from Alloy Wheels Direct have several 18inch alloys at under £1000/set of four up to 22" Brabus monoblocks for £9000!
I do think premium tyres are worth it, not sure what brands for an ML, depends where you will drive it I suppose; there will be lots on this forum about suitable tyre brands for you to make a judgement. Lets know what you end up with.

Sorry yes, should have said I do of course realise I would need new alloys!

Thinking sticking with 17s is smart right now and just get some real good ones on at 150 a corner or so. Appreciate the info, will update as and when.

Continental 4X4 Contact 255/60 R17 M+S on mine.
Don't have anything to compare them with as this is my first MB, 4x4, diesel, black!

Had the car since January this year, done 3k miles in all types of weather, floods, snow, packed ice & sun on very minor country lanes, some tracks & 80 miles motorway - car's performed well for handling & grip.

PS Avoid Dunlops. They last half as long as the Continentals on the ML.

I have continentals 4x4 contact m+s (seems that they don't do them no more!) and they very good. Done 5k miles and lost about 1mm of tread.
Very good grip on dry and wet.

But it anyone know if they still available, pls let us know! Thx

Put the size in Google = available at Lovetyres & Black Circles, & other suppliers no doubt - research, research.

The ones I got continental contact 4x4 M+S they are not availaible
Black Circles and Lovetyres have Continental CrossContact UHP with is another model, summer tyre and no M+S..

http://www.blackcircles.com/catalog...h=275&profile=55&rim=17&speed=V&tyre=18870137

Continental CrossContact UHP | lovetyres.com

So this are completely different tyres then...
I always do research. But with these one i could not go to Germany in November as is not stated on tyre M+S or it is!?

If I understand you correctly and you need this tyre...
Continental 4X4 Contact 255/60 R17 M+S...
with the M+S stamped on it, then this is the one I have, and appears to be available at Black Circles...
http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/continental/4x4-contact/255/60/R17/H/106/f?returnurl=%2forder%2ftyres%3fversion%3d2.0%26width%3d255%26profile%3d60%26rim%3d17%26speed%3dH&tyre=11224747

Note: the price is for fitted, may be cheaper for delivery only, but you then have to find a friendly tyre-fitter to install them.

If I understand you correctly and you need this tyre...
Continental 4X4 Contact 255/60 R17 M+S...
with the M+S stamped on it, then this is the one I have, and appears to be available at Black Circles...
http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/continental/4x4-contact/255/60/R17/H/106/f?returnurl=%2forder%2ftyres%3fversion%3d2.0%26width%3d255%26profile%3d60%26rim%3d17%26speed%3dH&tyre=11224747

Note: the price is for fitted, may be cheaper for delivery only, but you then have to find a friendly tyre-fitter to install them.

O yes that is the one but my one is 275/55/17 and that is why I could not get it then..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom