Which way round M25?

• Thread starter Deleted member 65149
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
neither, come straight down through central london...
just kidding. google map it before you set off on the day...
View attachment 92590
Thanks, that’s what I intend doing. The only downside is that it takes about an hour (or more if the traffic is bad) to get to the M25 from home and things can change a lot on the way. I’ll be reliant on COMAND’s traffic updates and revised routes. Sod’s Law probably dictates that if I come down the M1 there will be a hold up to the west and I’ll be directed over the bridge, and if I come down the M11 there will be a problem at the bridge and I’ll be directed past Heathrow! I need a helicopter.

I will be driving clockwise on the M25 late Friday morning (M40 jnt towards Dartford Crossing) so I might see you... unless of course you're going anti clockwise :p

Sure. Just a warning - I’ve only ever piloted fixed wing aircraft before, so it might be a bit haphazard.

I'll go for it, how hard can it be?
You just waggle the controls 'til the machine does what you want, then, remember what you did . . .simplz

PS
Like you, I have fixed wing time . . .Chipmunks in the late 60's

PS
Like you, I have fixed wing time . . .Chipmunks in the late 60's[/QUOTE]

I flew Chipmunks a bit in the Air Training Corps in the late ‘80’s. There’s one that flies over us often in the summer, always brings a smile! I think it’s based at Fairoaks near Woking. That’s where the old GoodYear blimp used to stationed quite a lot.

back to the M25; I use the Western section mainly on my commute. Clockwise towards Heathrow always seems worse than anti-clock. But either, you’re pretty much doomed.

I'll go for it, how hard can it be?
You just waggle the controls 'til the machine does what you want, then, remember what you did . . .simplz

PS
Like you, I have fixed wing time . . .Chipmunks in the late 60's

It's similar to saying 'my dad had an Austin Allegro in the 70's, this F1 car cannot be so much different :D
Rotary is difficult and unforgiving. If you did happen to do the right thing once, by the time you remembered what it was again you'd be dead.

It's similar to saying 'my dad had an Austin Allegro in the 70's, this F1 car cannot be so much different :D
Rotary is difficult and unforgiving. If you did happen to do the right thing once, by the time you remembered what it was again you'd be dead.

Just trying to be ironic AltonAnt
I stole the comment (not word for word) from a guy named David Gunsen, ex Lightning pilot, ex ATC officer and ex After Dinner Speaker; What goes up, must come down . . Get a copy, 45 minutes of great listening.

I stole the comment (not word for word) from a guy named David Gunsen, ex Lightning pilot, ex ATC officer and ex After Dinner Speaker; What goes up, must come down . . Get a copy, 45 minutes of great listening.

Cheers John I guessed it was meant in jest.
I'll look out for that as I still love the Lightning and recently read the article where the engineer in charge of an engine ground run had to take off and land after it broke free from it shackles which I guess was one of those 'You just waggle the controls 'til the machine does what you want' moments :eek:

I’m pleased to report that clockwise and over the bridge was fine over the M25. Progress was slower on the M11 and M23.

Available on Spotify and on Youtube:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Comand Online is so delayed its pretty useless really other than telling you what happened. Waze is realtime crowd sourced from users at the scene so tends to be far more accurate as to routing around live issues.

COMAND can be hit and miss but had I listened to it last week, I'd have saved myself several hours in traffic.

Have you listened to it it Mike?

Yes, but only after this recommendation.

Fascinating, took me back to smoke filled rooms, listening to after-dinner speakers entertaining a well-oiled audience.

Typical of the wry English humour of the time, with shades of the Bob Newhart in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom