which wheel bolts for new rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
I think i've just managed to get my hands on some original 3 piece OZ Opera AMG 1 split rims for my SL :bannana:

So now I am just wondering what seat type and bolt length is correct for these rims.

Anyone happen to know what they should be?

Your old ones should be fine but just double check as I`m not 100% sure

Are the OZ Opera's (2pc) or AMG (Made by OZ) 3pc Splits? The OZ Opera ones may require different bolts.

they are amg oz wheels.

Your set to go using your current wheel bolts. Double check they fit before parting with your cash, The 3pc wheels are intended for models upto 98.

Ahh... thats a bit of a worry.

Mines a '99 why wouldnt they fit do you know?

They are the proper OE fit as in;

17x8.5 ET18 & 17x10 ET17

According the the Alloy Wheels direct fitment guide thay should be fine from what I can tell.

Given the price I've got them for, I guess if they dont fit I can still shift them without losing money on the deal. Bit of a PITA though if that is the case but then I suspect there's a few on here like yourself that would have them off me in a blink of an eye as the rear 10" wheels are pretty hard to come by now.

Ahh... thats a bit of a worry.

Mines a '99 why wouldnt they fit do you know?

They are the proper OE fit as in;

17x8.5 ET18 & 17x10 ET17

According the the Alloy Wheels direct fitment guide thay should be fine from what I can tell.

Given the price I've got them for, I guess if they dont fit I can still shift them without losing money on the deal. Bit of a PITA though if that is the case but then I suspect there's a few on here like yourself that would have them off me in a blink of an eye as the rear 10" wheels are pretty hard to come by now.

As far as I'm aware they will fit, but I think what aka$h means is that the later cars used the 2pc 18's as per Bill's car.

Last edited:
Yes, perhaps that is what he means.

I was tempted to by the later two piece wheels off Aka$h but his price is a little larger than my wallet could stand at this moment.

Beautiful wheels though.

I'm picking my 3 piece ones up tonight so I'll know later for sure whether I've made a mistake or not.

Looking at a 2001 MB brochure it says the 3pc split rims are for models to 06/98. Its most likely due to the larger brake calipers used on the facelift models. On a SL500 its might be a little tight, but it might well be ok.

Hope it works out. If they dont fit, drop me pm.

They should fit fine Spike but if not,Simal can always take them as px for the other ones
Also does you car has 119 or 113 engine?Nothing to do with the wheels though

Last edited:
IF the Oz's dont work out, ill take them from you if they are the right price. can always find a use for a set of those!

LOL, At least there's no shortage in people interested in my Oz's if they dont fit. :bannana:

I so hope they do fit though because they are gorgeous.

Put me on the list to

Sorry folks - perfect fit, no rubbing no spacers required.

Lucky I had some spare (manky) shorter bolts for the rears though. So I just need some new centre caps and shiny wheel bolts. Next question.... which ones. :D

Dont they look handsome?

Attachments

• yummy.jpg
    yummy.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 104
Lovely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom