Which Winter Tyres (Vito)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've always used Nokian WR tyres for the winter as they're more of an all-season tyre with snow rating which I think is better suited to the UK.

I put WR G4s on my CL for going skiing and have been pleasantly pleased with them. They're not hugely expensive, are very quiet and actually made the CL feel much more stable going over standing water than the normal Continental tyres (although that may have something to do with them being slightly narrower).

Going up the mountain in a snowstorm did seem them spin a bit when going round corners but that was probably due to the amount of torque the CL puts out. At no point did I get stuck in conditions that were much worse than you're ever likely to get in the UK.

OP's location says Yorkshire a.k.a. "oop north".

In another thread he mentioned hitting black ice this morning. I did reply there that winter tyres unfortunately won't make any difference on smooth ice ... good job it's pretty rare.

I'm on Vredestein Wintrac Extreme 245/45/18. For such a wide tyres sticks very good. Would definitely recommend.

I've put a set of Continental All Season tyres on my Renault van because I can't really be bothered to put winter tyres on. I'll be interested to see how they fair as they have quite a chunky tread.

Late to the party I know but after ordering my Vito it'll be the first time I've not had a 4x4 available for winter sometimes working in Scotland etc so looking at tyre options

I've heard very good things Goodyear cargo vectors as an all season fitted to a friends van he said they coped very well in Scotland this winter and have been great up to now in the good weather too so that's what I'll be looking at once mine gets here. I've also read a few online reviews that seem to back up what he's said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom