Which Xenons?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Right it’s that time when my car has decided it’s time to get me to open the wallet again...

One xenon has died... looking for replacements (I’d rather change the pair as if the colour doesn’t match across them I’ll go a little insane)...

Does anyone have any experience with the Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense range? They seem to be a very pure white light with a slight tinge of blue that would match the LED DRL’s quite well...

Cheers!

No experience personally, but I know 2 people who have them fitted and say they're great: I can recommend (only as a satisfied customer) autobulbsdirect. I find them generally difficult to beat on price and the service is pretty good.

Hi Abs.
Had a pair fitted a few weeks back to replace probably the originals.
Huge difference in output, and a crisp white light, tinge of blue on ignition.
IMHO worth the money. 😎
(Amazon prime £63 next day)

Last edited:
Hi Abs.
Had a pair fitted a few weeks back to replace probably the originals.
Huge difference in output, and a crisp white light, tinge of blue on ignition.
IMHO worth the money. 😎
(Amazon prime £63 next day)
Thanks mate :) Just double checking they were D1S ones? Will be paying my garage to fit them as it looks like a nightmare :D

No experience personally, but I know 2 people who have them fitted and say they're great: I can recommend (only as a satisfied customer) autobulbsdirect. I find them generally difficult to beat on price and the service is pretty good.

That’s the boys. Fab price from Amazon.
Wheelarch job.
Perfect. Cheers mate. :) That’s exactly the feedback I wanted, just wanted to be sure they weren’t too blue. 😁

Last year I changed both with Osram Xenarc Original from Amazon as those were the ones MB installed in 2010 and I didn't want a risk of having the lights too blue or too bright to dazzle the oncoming traffic. Was thinking at a time of just keeping it simple. :cool:

Last year I changed both with Osram Xenarc Original from Amazon as those were the ones MB installed in 2010 and I didn't want a risk of having the lights too blue or too bright to dazzle the oncoming traffic. Was thinking at a time of just keeping it simple. :cool:
Thanks for that, are those a true white light?

I’m still thinking I’ll go with the Osram CoolBlue as from feedback they aren’t blue more of a true white with a tiny blue tinge.

Thanks for that, are those a true white light?

I’m still thinking I’ll go with the Osram CoolBlue as from feedback they aren’t blue more of a true white with a tiny blue tinge.
Yes they are true white. On first lightning up they were showing some slight tint of yellow which disappeared after maybe a night or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom