Whining Noise From Engine Bay After Locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gibsonk

Car
Mercedes
Hello All,

I am getting a odd whining noise coming from the engine bay after locking my car.

I have a 2010 C350, the noise is quite high pitched and only lasts for a second or two.

I have had a search and can only find noises coming from the steering when on full lock.

Any help or ideas would be fantastic

Hi

It could perhaps be associated with the alarm system if it only happens on locking the car. Otherwise it may be part of the 'normal' shutting down of systems that occurs on modern cars. Has it only just started happening?

Hi

It could perhaps be associated with the alarm system if it only happens on locking the car. Otherwise it may be part of the 'normal' shutting down of systems that occurs on modern cars. Has it only just started happening?

I have only had it two weeks and have noticed it form day one, however, today it sounded to be a higher pitch

Try locking the car with the bonnet open, it will lock as normal except the hazards should flash 2 times instead of the usual 3 times – because the bonnet is open, watch and listen at the engine bay as you lock for clues as to where the sound is coming from.

Dec

I got a whining noise when I locked my car so then had to unlock it and let the wife out.

When I switch-off the engine and remove the key on my 2013 W203, then remain sitting in the car... there's an array of whizzing and whirling sounds that come and go from the engine bay and/or behind the dash.

These can last for 5-10 minutes. No idea what the car is doing, I am assuming this is some electronic trickery. Said that, in my case it is not related specifically to locking the car, so may or may not be the same issue that you describe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom