White 230 Ce W124 With Amg Styling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

un1l

Car
CLK 230K
This car has been on autotrader/pistonheads since last week; listed originally for £1500, price was dropped to £1400 this week and was sold last night for £1300. The car is near Manchester and i am in London, when i first spoke to seller he said his preference were that people locally came along to see it 1st ( I found this a bit evasive).

He said there were was a problem with the temperature sensor, as on the gauge when it would look like the car was overheating it wouldn't actually as the fan would be kicking in well before then.
Wouls this have been an easy problem to fix?

I planned to go and get it this morning, phoned the seller yesterday evening and he said someone had just bought it for £1300.

I am now more than ever on the lookout for a W124 (CE230 or E220 Coupe), my questions to you guys are there any E220's with electric leather; everyone I have seen are manual seats.
Also were ther any later versions with the digital climate control, as this was on the S Class at that time.
And if anyone knows any decent 1s that are for sale; do let me know!!

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...NZ&model=CE+CLASS&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

My E220 has heated leather seats but they are manual in movement.

I'd be wary of a car like this.

Who put the AMG kit on and why? Those bonnet conversions werent cheap, was it paid for out of an insurance claim? Clearly its had paint too.

As for the overheating, again, I would be very suspect about it. If its a simple problem like a faulty temperature sender then why doesnt the seller fix it?

Personally, I'd be looking for an original, less molested car being sold by a seller that doesnt ring alarm bells. You did well to steer clear.

By you saying who put an AMG Kit on, i take it there were never any factory made kits with the 230CE only the 300?

I stand to be corrected but I very much doubt there would have been a factory AMG 230.... I mean who would want to spend so much money on such a sheep in wolfs clothing?

It would be laughed out of the AMG workshop surely?

£1,300 its almost worth the body kit alone, so you can't really go wrong....

I stand to be corrected but I very much doubt there would have been a factory AMG 230.... I mean who would want to spend so much money on such a sheep in wolfs clothing?

It would be laughed out of the AMG workshop surely?

Errrr....my car wasn't laughed out....it went in as a 230E.....came out as a Hammer 560E !

:rock:

AMG didn't care if the car going in was a 200, 230 or 300....even a 300 that went in did not leave as a 3 litre straight six, it was usually modified to a 3.2/3.4 with stage 1 engine modifications to raise power.

And it must be considered that AMG were an independant tuning company back then and only performed upgrades that the owner of the car ticked on the wish-list....it is very feasible to have a base car with AMG bodykit only.

talbir

talbir

Yes I remember the early tests on the AMG's

You might as well choose a 230CE / E / TE etc as once you give it AMG with an open cheaque book all the bits were changed / uprated anyway.

Might be hard to get all of climate, leather and electric seats on a 220/230CE?

It'd be unusual but the car will be out there, somewhere. The great thing about W124s is that so many were specified by the purchaser and each had his (or her) idea of the ultimate spec

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

UN1L

What is your budget for an E220 coupe?
I am putting mine up for sale,but obviously it won't be one of them dodgy "car is perfect,take it for £1000" ones.

You can pick up good ones for around 1k......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom