White Clip on Tie at Short notice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I need a white clip on tie by lunchtime tomorrow for a tough mudder "not-a"-race...

Any suggestions as to where to find one near Uxbridge or Newport? I tried M&S, but without luck...

Needs to be clip on so I don't strangle myself... and white as the suit I'm wearing is anthracite... (or something ridiculous like polka dots, bright neon pink or similar...)

M.

Last edited:
Given your record of making things - climbing walls, ibc swimming pools, pizza ovens etc, can you not just fashion one yourself using your undoubted skills?

I did consider making one out of a real tie and a safety pin... but the thought of crawling through tunnels with a needle that close to my neck put me off... oh, that and that I don't have a white tie :p

I've been looking at sainsbury, tesco, M&S etc clothing departments... but without luck... Do people not use clip on ties anymore? I thought they were de-facto for people facing angry customers!

As for oven, I should post some pics of my bread :D Started baking bread in there (using bachadre stone-mill ground flour), have a batch baked today :)

M.

Tie a normal tie without going round your neck, stitch it onto the collar and cut off the excess tail.

Or use velcro...

Ended up going without a tie... got a lot of comments regarding me wearing a "suit" to the event... (really just a blazer). By halfway I had worked a pretty convincing "is this the way to the estate office? I'm here for an interview..." which got a few laughs...

Waiting for the photographers to post pictures, then I'll post one here... was fun, a little less challenging than I had expected to be honest. The obstacles were all quite easy, with only one needing more than one try (the monkey bars - and I'm blaming my gloves for slipping :p). The real challenge was running 12 miles up and down snowdonia...

That said, after spending 2-3 hours in the car sitting down, I found that I couldn't get up anymore... ah well, lucky I sit in an office chair all day!
M.

Was it a proper Mud Run, they look like fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom