White marks on suede part of amg seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TM02

Car
Mercedes a class
Hi, I bought a A Class 17 plate amg couple of months ago. I got guardex applied to the car. Couple of weeks later I got white powdery marks appearing mainly to the back seats. I wipe the marks off with a clean cloth but a week later they appear again. I didn’t drive the car for 2 weeks but don’t think it could be that. Can anyone help? Thank you 2472E02D-98D3-4EB7-99D9-F879D8C0D3EC.jpeg

Remember reading about this on a number posts , think it was caused by problems with the adhesive MB used or something to do with manufacturing, try searching for similar posts

Long thread here

I had exactly the same issue with mine last week, my seats are almost identical to yours. i thought it was damp as car had not been used for a while and it was really cold outside. I did wash with a damp sponge and mild fairy liquid, so far it has not come back.
seat.JPG

I had exactly the same issue with mine last week, my seats are almost identical to yours. i thought it was damp as car had not been used for a while and it was really cold outside. I did wash with a damp sponge and mild fairy liquid, so far it has not come back.
View attachment 109006

I'd advise you use Koch chemie PO personally fella, its specifically designed for Alcantara, dynamica and all textiles, and won't leave any residue.
Simply dilute, spray onto a sponge or MF, agitate and blot dry.

It would appear from the experience of other owners that no amount of cleaning will solve the problem. MB are well aware (see the last post on the previous thread). Replacement is the only cure, but expect the usual "never heard of the problem/it's sweat/ you've spilled something" type approach initially from the dealer.

Could be a pub car park issue .

I used to call it 'Park and ride' .
Never mind the headline story , scroll down a bit.

I have never read the Star. I might get a copy, sounds like they get the real news ! :p

It would appear from the experience of other owners that no amount of cleaning will solve the problem. MB are well aware (see the last post on the previous thread). Replacement is the only cure, but expect the usual "never heard of the problem/it's sweat/ you've spilled something" type approach initially from the dealer.
I rang the dealer from where I bought it from and they denied it aswell saying they’ve never seen this problem before. They have booked me in for the valet team to take a look, I’m going to push for a replacement if they can’t do anything

I used to soak mine in autoglym interior shampoo ,and rub it really hard with a rag until my wrist would hurt . The stains seemed to go for a few days but always came back.

Is this a result of car makers cheaping out on 'fake' imitation suede? I've had 2 cars from 2 different manufacturers with genuine Alcantara seats and never had any problems with them.

AFAIK it's due to the wrong spec adhesive used in manufacture of the seat. Think there's a TSB from MB regarding the cause
I’ve just read the TSB I’m going to email to them as they said they haven’t had any complaints in the past about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom