white polish mark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
Hi any clues how to get a white polish mark off the black plastic numberplate holder its very annoying, i have tried back to black but it comes back in a couple of days, thanks.

I have found that furniture polish works. Spray it on a rag and wipe the plastics. Gives a good shine to.

Surfex HD degreaser will remove with ease. If it's really bad and looks tired, then degreased with Surfex HD. Give it a thorough IPA wipedown and restore permanently with Gtechniq C4 trim restorer.

Cheers
Mike

i used turtlewax back trim restorer, it was a liquid and dabbed some on a cloth and rubbed the trim, took away the marks and left a nice glossy black finish

£5.99 Halfords black plastic paint.

Remove it from car, spray a couple of coats and it will look as good as the day it was made, back to black.

if you can remove the trim, at a safe distance to the plastic get a heat gun on it, works a treat but keep hovering the gun otherwise the plastic trim will melt. also worth a try if the plastic is a shiny smooth finish, rub down the area with 3000 grit sandpaper, apply a plastic restorer ( I use autosol plastic, works just as good as there chrome polish ) to blend it back in to the other plastic.

Try a little motorcycle chain cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom