White wrapped E55 been to MSL!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wrap could be covering anything, is it me or does the ns headlamp not look right?

Wrap could be covering anything, is it me or does the ns headlamp not look right?

Well spotted, seems to be pushed in a bit, certainly not sitting flush.

Actually that could be why a lot of these W211s we see look like they have a huge gap over the lights.

What could be?

Something not being right with one or more of the front lights on the examples which have larger gaps and yet the bonnet / front wings and front bumper seem to be aligned.

Idle speculation really.

There is very little adjustment generally with Mercedes panels/light etc, a majority of cars that have a bump won't be put on a jig, and will only have the bare minimum of parts replaced.

Without being controversial I would like to see the history of this car before buying. Too many things to consider for my mind.
1, I would be wary of the advert? It's terrible. "NO MORE TIME WASTERS OR DREAMERS?. STILL YET TO BE VIEWED?
Hmmm....So nobody has seen it yet, but wasted his time?
2, BODYWORK IN GREAT (not excellent)? CONDITION. NO DENTS OR MAJOR (most hidden under the bodywrap)? SCRATCHES
3, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN UNABUSED (has been into MSL for mods....why)

I would suspect many car park scratches , dings etc, from Lady driver (who puts this in an ad) so has been covered up.
Tuning did not work, as it's knackered.
Does MSL really take a FEW WEEKS to do that mod, and if you were putting it in, why would you advertise it, until you were happy with it? In fact, If you were in the process of selling it, why put it in at all, and spend all that money, if it is genuinely that good a car?
All seems very suspect to me, and I hope nobody from here buys it.
He has 100% feedback, but nothing at all in last 12 months? So it shows as good.
Maybe it IS a good buy. Is anybody going to check it out, and feedback to here?

Neil

I haven't a clue who the seller is but to be fair to him I think he's covered most bases.

A lot of guys I know will drop their car off at MSL and leave it for a week or two due to perhaps second car, or work away so that wouldn't put me off.
Not sure where you read the tuning didn't work? He says mechanically superb....
Also not sure why anyone would put "Previous Lady Owner" as that puts me off straight away. How many Ladies drive an E55? Not many I suspect and those that do would no doubt abuse the hell out of it ;)
Good luck to the lad I say :)

I'm interested in the mechanics and the history. Not so mush the wrap/body. I've PM'd Acid to see if he can shed any light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom