Whitney Houston...RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why would you take them , with your hairdresser ( waiting for you in the other room with your bodyguards ) and knowing you have to be onstage in a couple of hours to perform ?

Why would you take them , with your hairdresser ( waiting for you in the other room with your bodyguards ) and knowing you have to be onstage in a couple of hours to perform ?

Answer A= Knowing you have to be onstage in a couple of hours to perform..

Answer B = stupid things druggies do..

She has probably done the same thing over and over again, get so high and then comedown and level and then start again, Russian roulette.

Apparently she always took it to calm her down before a performance. She had been heavily drinking the night before. They found 5 other prescription medicines in her hotel room as well so they may have played a part too.

The whys and wherefores of her addiction are neither here nor there . A few of the people i was at school with in the 60s died of drugs overdoses. None of them were from either wealthy or poverty-stricken families. Just your average kids who experimented then got hooked. Whilst never interested in trying coke , heroin or any of the "recreational drugs " I did enjoy a drink , and spent a number of years drinking far more than was healthy for me . Today i still enjoy a drink , but generally in moderation. Easy to look down on those that get caught up in addiction , but i suspect a great many of us have sought refuge in one substance or another at some point in our lives. Better to sympathise than criticise .

Indeed. I wonder how many of the indignant & accusatory on here have their own issues with the two most deadly, dangerous (& legal) drugs most are ever likely to encounter, alcohol and or tobacco.

Indeed. I wonder how many of the indignant & accusatory on here have their own issues with the two most deadly, dangerous (& legal) drugs most are ever likely to encounter, alcohol and or tobacco.

Not quite sure i can put alcohol and tobacco up there alongside crack in the league of most deadly, dangerous drugs.

they can be addictive (especially tobacco, it seems to me) but for most people they don't suck you in and ruin your life.

Not quite sure i can put alcohol and tobacco up there alongside crack in the league of most deadly, dangerous drugs.

they can be addictive (especially tobacco, it seems to me) but for most people they don't suck you in and ruin your life.

I have to disagree about alcohol. Some, maybe most people use it in moderation, but millions don't. Statistically, it kills many, many more people than any other drug, costs the NHS billions, wrecks families, careers, lives, causes anti social behaviour, crime and domestic violence. It can wreck your health. Figures for liver disease in young people is frightening. It is becoming a massive problem in this country, but the industry's lobbyists, the Portman Group, have massive clout in government. Prof Nutt was sacked from the government advisory group on drugs for stating the truth, that alcohol is far more damaging to people and society than all the other drugs put together.

And ask all those smokers with terminal cancer whether tobacco addiction has ruined their lives - and those of their families. I know that not all smokers contract cancer, and that not all cancer sufferers are (or were) smokers, but there's no denying the correlation.

It took more time to get rid of the addiction of cigarettes than coke, with coke you have to change everything your Job your friends and sometimes where you live if you really need the clean brake. I would say the same with all hard drugs and that includes alcohol.

I think this is what kills the famous being unable to remove yourself from the threat of taking them so they are substituting street drugs with prescribed.

re all the jokes about the dead... - ask yourself how you would feel if it were one of your family members who had died and you read people joking about it.

then ask yourself again if its the right thing to do.

personally, i think they are in bad taste.

Fair point SS but none of our family members put themselves in the public eye for their own benefit in the way that WH did. Jokes come with the territory and let's not forget that not everyone is a WH fan.
Frankly, a few gags (haven't even seen any yet) level the score. For all the times I've had to endure her torturous whinings that others consider singing. She was in my opinion completely manufactured and over-rated and the tragedy of her passing is for her friends and family only - the ones in a position to help her but didn't.

The worst thing of all about her death is that they are going to put "The Bodyguard" on TV.

I Frikking hate Kevin Costner.

Rich27 said:
The worst thing of all about her death is that they are going to put "The Bodyguard" on TV.

I Frikking hate Kevin Costner.

Dances with wolves is a very lame film. What's worse is they rehashed the inane puerile plot in Avatar but swapped the Wolves for blue people.

A sad loss to the music industrie. I personally lay some of her demise down to Bobby Brown. She was doing ok till he married her and helped her to enjoy the habit. Sad I know but once someone is hooked it is rare for them to get away unscathed.
Whitney was gorgeous and had an amazing voice. I will miss not hearing her speak again. her music however, will last for a long time yet.

I wonder if the person finding her whispered to themselves 'Houston we have a problem' :D

Attachments

• 422132_229537930474563_160083654086658_474089_1825489550_n.jpg
    422132_229537930474563_160083654086658_474089_1825489550_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 85
416911_10150672628244359_745444358_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom