Who buys damaged mercs for parts??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

t1pper

Car
220cdi
My owned from new C Class 220 CDI on a 2000, it has 160K miles and is MOTd and Taxed, HOWEVER someone has kindly crashed it for me and I do not think it is worth a repair.
The bonnet, grille and bumper are damaged and the rad no longer holds water but it starts, runs and will drive to load.
I did not bother to make an insurance claim for fear of an increased premium next year and losing my NCB.
I wondered if anyone could recommend a company who buys Mercs for repair or breaking and how much is it worth approx?
I did not want to put it on ebay as I could do without the hastle.

I know about people from Lithuania who buys uk cars for parts and delivers it by autotruck.
It also depens on price and car condition.
I can contact them and ask about yours.
But i think they will ask photo and price.

Remember that even if you're not claiming; you'll need to inform your insurance that you've had an accident (and your premium will inevitably go up, even if it wasn't your fault - pain in the rear, I know).

As to whom to sell it to, I've actually had some good experiences with eBay - having now sold 3 cars on there, each time the buyer turned up promptly. In one case, the buyer came to see the car a few hours before the end of the auction, then sat outside with his iPad and bid on the car (I did offer him to come in). He won the auction, paid for it and collected it on the spot. I was quite impressed!

In all cases on ebay, I've gotten more than the local scrappies offered... (in one case, more than I felt the car was worth... but heyho)

M.

Try Mercman

I used eBay to dispose of our written off E-class. Very efficient way to dispose of salvage where you are clear about what you are selling; ours was shipped to Russia for parts.

My owned from new C Class 220 CDI on a 2000, it has 160K miles and is MOTd and Taxed, HOWEVER someone has kindly crashed it for me and I do not think it is worth a repair.
The bonnet, grille and bumper are damaged and the rad no longer holds water but it starts, runs and will drive to load.
I did not bother to make an insurance claim for fear of an increased premium next year and losing my NCB.
I wondered if anyone could recommend a company who buys Mercs for repair or breaking and how much is it worth approx?
I did not want to put it on ebay as I could do without the hastle.

Where abouts are you?

Where abouts are you?

I am in Wiltshire?

I think I will chance putting it on Ebay and see where it takes me, hope I do not get a stream of time wasters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom