Who do you insure you ** amg with?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hastings Direct here.

540YMX said:
£345 full comp with one of the Directline brands for a 2017 C63s AMG Coupe, renewal for my previous car (M4) would have been more than double. Kicked Hastings Direct into touch as they charged me nearly £100 for an admin update, this seems to be one of their favourite tricks when I searched for reviews prior to getting the C63 insurance. Clearly the AMG Coupe is the choice of motor for the sensible gentleman, hence the very modest premium.:bannana:[/

Wow... £345

I was with Admiral on my previous car, and had been for 5 years.
6 months into a policy, and the price fort a full year from them was £200 more for the C63 than my previous car. So half of a £200 difference means £100 extra to change right? Maybe a bit more for admin.
They wanted £250 extra. So I told them to jog on. I'm with Churchill now.

But to be honest, there's no such thing as an insurer that will be a good price for all. You have to shop around every year, and it'll usually be a different one than the year before that offers the best deal. If you're lucky, your current supplier will offer to match to save you the bother of changing over.

I'm with Tesco, 46, 10+ years protected NCB and just have the one car, a 2003 E55 (standard apart from the alloys.)

£335 ;)

Mate of mine who is a couple of years older and only has 1 year NCB due to insurance writing off his Focus STV (dead engine), has just bought a 56-plate RS4 (B7) and his quotes ranged from...

£1000 - £1300 :eek: (He still paid it though.)

I got a quote on the same car for just over £400.

Adrian Flux, Esure are cowboys! didnt honour my protected no claims when someone hit my car at no fault of my own.. hilbillies! never again.

Admiral for me. At the tender age of 32 and with my wife on the policy, it comes out at £900 a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Classicline/Equity Red Star for my CL63 me and my better half for £463.00

Admiral multi-car, though just been quoted a renewal of £200 more than last year?

Will be shopping around, but I suspect Admiral MC will still be coming in cheapest as they were significantly less than similar insurers with similar excess and cover.

Always fully comp.

UPDATE: Splitting the policy between More than + Privilege takes the renewal to within £5 of last years cover. I'll be doing that then. The yearly renewal merry-go-round...

Last edited:
I'm with Greenlight. They are the only company who would give me a sensible quote. I wouldn't mind if I was a young lad but I'm a 36 year old married homeowner. Flux gave me a price but didn't want my business despite what the guy in the phone told me.

Admiral Multicar. nobody has ever got near for my four cars on one policy (cls55, Sl350, Porsche 996 cab, Peugeot 206. Dont expect the welcome mods though!

As above sorting my insurance out for my E63 im collecting later today, who do people normally insure with? My M4 was with ESure but they are quoting silly high for this, at the moment Go Skippy seem the cheapest, are there any indendants worth a go? I'm an old codger at 37 with 15yrs ncd and a clean licence, decent postcode....

Im with eSure and its £550 for the year... im 27 with 9yr no claims.

I'm with Greenlight. They are the only company who would give me a sensible quote.

Greenlight's MO(I used them back in my modified Saab days) was to only insure performance or modified cars, plus they would also offer an agreed value. Having said that I never had to claim which is the only way to see how good a policy really is..

Admiral multi car ok when first insuring.
Renewal time is where they ramp it up..!
Just been on comparison site and £450 for me and the wife on SLK55, max NCD .
Quote me happy and Aviva

I was using Esure for four cars although each in their own policy.

We're good with reveals, each got 10% off due to the other and they matched the NCB across all four.

Sadly their values of my cars were just not realistic. £8k for my CLS63 with under 18k on the clock!! No thanks.

I moved over to Adrian Flux and did agreed valuation policies on three of my cars. Cost around the same.

I read some bad reviews for the Hastings insurance saying that everything is fine until you make a claim.
I am with LV.

When I picked up my C63 I took the option of the 7 days free insurance. Took the opportunity to get a quote from Mercedes own insurance. they quoted an eye-watering £13,109!! They may as well have just said P1ss off, we don't want your business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom