Who do you insure you ** amg with?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Revvd said:
When I picked up my C63 I took the option of the 7 days free insurance. Took the opportunity to get a quote from Mercedes own insurance. they quoted an eye-watering £13,109!! They may as well have just said P1ss off, we don't want your business.

Lol I didn't even get the 7 days cover !
Count yourself lucky lol..
Had to delay my collection and ended up coughing up 1900

When I picked up my C63 I took the option of the 7 days free insurance. Took the opportunity to get a quote from Mercedes own insurance. they quoted an eye-watering £13,109!! They may as well have just said P1ss off, we don't want your business.

They did, hence the large quote. I think they have to offer at least a quote but it doesn't have to be acceptable or under any realm of reality :D

That's beating my usual £4K quotes from them.

I'm about to look into this on Monday. I had an accident 2 months ago where a car pulled out in front of me, unfortunately I was on my bike so sustained serious injuries. Anyway the reason I say this is I called Adrian Flux for a quote and because the liability hasn't been agreed yet they would only list it as a fault accident. They did say they would refund me the difference when sorted out.

So I will also get two quotes from A-Plan and Sky.

Reading here it sounds like Chris Knott and Greenlight might be worth a call being the car is modified? I'm 38 with 9+ NCB

I am with Admiral.

Whover is cheapest at the time. This year it was Admiral. Was Aviva last year. SL63. £306 so not to bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying £1300 to quotemehappy on a stock E63, 25 y/o at the time of taking it out with only 2 years NCB. Just been quoted for modified car insurance for around £1900. Apparently it'll drop a lot after I've driven the car for more than a year.

Admiral for us under multicar. Around £400 for mine and £200 for 'er indoors. Been cheapest for many years now.

Direct Line annoyed me stating they would not insure a modded car even though I knew people on here who had modded cars insured with them.

Yeah, I did the same when I bought my CL. Quote not that bad compared to your one but still very high.

Admiral Multicar! I'm 28, clean licence, and somehow it was cheaper overall to insure 2 cars than just the one.

I used to be with Admiral Multicar but then their renewal price for all cars was around £150 more expensive than if I insured them all individually. I called them up and politely pointed this out and asked them to match the individual price, and they refused. So I switched to LV= multicar. Been with them 3 years now and still the cheapest I have found.

Admiral are on a marketing push at the moment. I've just insured my E350 CDI with them, including a power increase between ten and twenty-five percent above standard, for half what Privilege wanted. The power increase only added a small amount, too.

A flux for c63 previously and Sky for cls63. Had to put tracker on cls63.

Just under £300 fully comp for 2017 C63 Coupe with Churchill.

Direct Line , Hastings wouldn't insure me at 39 and my wife at 35 on an E55 :)

Went with Zenith in the end

I was with quote me happy (a scummy part of AVIVA) for the CLK63 last year, when I decided to remove the engine at home in the garage I knew I'd be taking my time so got a scratty little citroen C2 to bomb about in and swapped the policy over to it. got some money back OK. later I renewed policy, and when I finished the merc and scrapped the citroen, they refused to insure the merc point blank!
they were online only so I had to wait a few days for an email back which was quite rude and abrupt saying they don't insure performance cars. I cancelled the policy and had to get another elsewhere, best thing I did was go to ADMIRAL, and ended up getting my AMG and the wife's audi on a multicar for £200 less than the merc's quotes were coming in at, good result.
I hope I'm not missing something as it seems too good to be true.

I used Adrian Flux to get an agreed valuation on my CLS63.

Can’t recall exactly how much but sub £400 so can’t complain.

Elephant multi car.

Recently moved from Central London to Oxfordshire, and my annual premium halved. Lovely stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom