Who do you insure you ** amg with?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfoster

Car
W212 E350, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, W201 190e, 2019 Volvo V90 R Design, Mk5 Golf Gti
As above sorting my insurance out for my E63 im collecting later today, who do people normally insure with? My M4 was with ESure but they are quoting silly high for this, at the moment Go Skippy seem the cheapest, are there any indendants worth a go? I'm an old codger at 37 with 15yrs ncd and a clean licence, decent postcode....

Aviva, high excess, but low premiums

Whatever you do, do not go with go skippy..
The price quoted is not the price you will pay !
They will take your money, call back and ask for more !

Insured my CLS55 with Direct Line, use their online quote form..
Was cheaper to insure than my C270cdi

Last edited:
Read reviews of Go Skippy and do not insure with them. I'm with Admiral since I got first Mercedes, because they are cheapest for me for years.

Hastings for me- cheapest car I've ever had to insure.No joke.

I've heard mixed opinions on Go Skippy to be honest like most insurance companies!!!

adz87kc - Hastings came in over double the price for me! Strange as I used to insure a lot of my cars with them years ago!

Adrian Flux because of modifications.

Adrian Flux because of modifications.

A Plan for the same reason. :) Flux did not quote me happy...

When the car was stock, it was with Privilege who were excellent but after so many mods they declined my business. :(

A Plan, Adrian Flux, Sky, Chris Knott.

Adrian Flux for all my cars:

C55 AMG Wagon
300TE 4 Matic Wagon = Agreed Valuation
BMW X5 4.8is - Modified
Pajero 3.5 V6 SWB

Never had an issue with AF that was not sorted to my satisfaction. They are very good on agreed valuations on older / rarer cars / modified cars.

Admiral Multicar! I'm 28, clean licence, and somehow it was cheaper overall to insure 2 cars than just the one.

NFU for everything,not the cheapest but never any arguments over claims

Privilege this time after 3 years with Hastings. Would have insured with them again but for the OTT renewal they tried to charge. Funny it could be reduced when I called to cancel. Too late.

AF cost my son-in-law 6pts and a £300 due to their error which they wouldn't admit.
I wouldn't touch them even if they were the cheapest. Check your policy again and again for mistakes is all I'll say.

Got tagged by a van reversing and his insurance (NFU) dealt with everything. Highly recommended if expensive.

I am with LV for my C63 AMG PP.

They accept modifications and the premium was competitive.

Admiral was always the cheapest for me until this year. Direct Line came in quite a bit less.

£345 full comp with one of the Directline brands for a 2017 C63s AMG Coupe, renewal for my previous car (M4) would have been more than double.

Kicked Hastings Direct into touch as they charged me nearly £100 for an admin update, this seems to be one of their favourite tricks when I searched for reviews prior to getting the C63 insurance.

Clearly the AMG Coupe is the choice of motor for the sensible gentleman, hence the very modest premium.:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom