Who do you insure your MB with?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

420SE

Car
W202 C220 CDi
Insurance quotre is up for renewal soon. :crazy:

I did look at Norwich Union direct on recommendations, but they are quoting me silly, as opposed to quoting me happy ;)

Churchill are good and so are More Than, except with them, if I would like to put some AMG alloys onto the car at a later date, it's a no-no as they don't cover 'modded vehicles'. It's not modded, its some blo00dy wheels and that's it! ARGH! :p

Anyway, just thought I'd ask to see who recommends what company for a low quote on a W126 S class and who doesn't mind replacement wheels.

:)

Have you tried swiftcover.com? they were the cheapest and, when I had a mishap with a bus,:( covered everything including the 18 inch wheel (non standard, by the way) no probs.:D They did pretty good travel insuarnce as well.

Not sure about the mods (sorry, wheels) but I (and others have mentioned them too) got a good price from Liverpool Victoria (aka Frizzell).
They do discounts for many unions / associations - I get 7.5% off as I qualify as a CSMA member becasue my wife is a civil servant. What Car's insurance is through them too.

They're not the very cheapest I found, but it's 5 star rated cover, they automatically cover courtesy cars, and they don't care about speeding points.

On radio 4 'today' program at around 0615 - norwich union (aviva) were increasing motor premiums by around 16% because they weren't making their shareholders enough money - so they say. at least now you know why.
Les

I'm with direct line. cheapest I found anywhere

Alfie said:
I'm with direct line. cheapest I found anywhere

I have, in the last two weeks, switched from having two cars with Direct Line to Admiral's 'Multi-Car' on the recommendation of someone on here. I saved over £500 a year! (40%) :eek:

The only reason I considered moving from DL was because of their appaling customer service and couldn't-give-a-toss-ness

PJ

DITTRICH said:
On radio 4 'today' program at around 0615 - norwich union (aviva) were increasing motor premiums by around 16% because they weren't making their shareholders enough money - so they say. at least now you know why.
Les
What's wrong with that? Companies are legally obliged to act in the best interests of their shareholders. I'm always amazed when people expect companies to put their customers first.

Rory said:
What's wrong with that? Companies are legally obliged to act in the best interests of their shareholders. I'm always amazed when people expect companies to put their customers first.

Except that companys who look after their customers get more and loyal customers, the shareholders benefit from the margins generated by volume. No customers = no profit. It's an old story.

Yes Direct line are the cheapest i have found for years..... (online quotes are cheapest)
and they do cover alloys if i remeber correctly....

Raj

Rory said:

It's always a juggling act. You want to look after your customers first - otherwise they'll bugger off elsewhere. What use would that be to shareholders!

I was with Admiral but was sorely cheesed of with their attitude to both factory extras and modifications. I'm now with More Than (Sun Alliance). They don't give two hoots about extras or mods as long as a car's performance has not been changed (and they were a bit cheaper).

Privilege

Have previously used:

Elephant
Bell Direct
NU Direct

Well, I think we've now listed every insurance company there is!

Insurance threads tend to be a bit pointless IMHO as everyone has different circumstances!

Inusrance

:) Hi I'm with Sainsburys inurance, looks like nowadays u can do your shopping for the household and pick up inurance too!!

They were £120 cheaper than everypone i tired, even confused.com

IanAlexander2 said:
Except that companys who look after their customers get more and loyal customers, the shareholders benefit from the margins generated by volume. No customers = no profit. It's an old story.

Fady said:
It's always a juggling act. You want to look after your customers first - otherwise they'll bugger off elsewhere. What use would that be to shareholders!
I was being (very) slightly tonque in cheek, but with car insurance, it's a bit of a merry-go-round. Many of the popular names are owned by just a few big groups who dominate the market.
I don't think there's any such thing as customer loyalty. Customer apathy, maybe, but most people, like the OP, are just looking for a low price.

Elephant.

I had problems with Direct Line because the car had non-standard alloys. But others have told them the same and no increase, so as Shude suggests the best option really is to ask them all.

Incidentally, there was no increase with Elephant for exhaust mods either (in my case).

toolman1954 said:
Have you tried the www.confused.com avenue yet?? I was pleasantly surprised on the savings I made.

Me to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom