Who do you insure your W212 saloon with?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfoster

Car
W212 E350, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, W201 190e, 2019 Volvo V90 R Design, Mk5 Golf Gti
As above who do you insure your W212 saloons with? I'm on the hun for a saloon/coupe or convertible, ideally a saloon but the insurance is coming in at almost double the other two! For someone getting on for 40yrs old I refuse to pay £750 to insure one (my S63 is only £400 with my NCD).... I imagined it to be slightly higher given they are chauffeur cars so presumably many claims against them but not this high!

Cheers

Just ask your existing insurance company if they will do a two car policy and mirror your NCD onto both cars, that way you get both car with the benefit of your NCD.

E Class insured with AXA. Bought another virtually identical car and they simply replicated NCD/NCB.

Second vehicle was about £30 more because suspect higher value plus rates had generally increased across the market.

Never had an issue with any insurer matching NCD/NCB.

OP - if you set on the E and need someone to look after a S63 for a year or two - then I am your man :thumb:

Mine E220 CDi is with LV, Fully Comp for £175. I do live in a very low risk area though and am getting on a bit.

Get your insurer to mirror your no claims (aviva do with mine), it’s not as if you can drive both of them at the same time!

Just ask your existing insurance company if they will do a two car policy and mirror your NCD onto both cars, that way you get both car with the benefit of your NCD.

oddly enough I went to the insurance company that my mini cooper s was insured with (Performance Direct) and they wouldn't touch the saloon, although would insure the coupe and convertible! Adrian Flux has come up trumps even though I don't have any of my other cars insured with them they have mirrored my 16yrs NCD on the S63 and I got a very competitive rate. Off to view and hopefully buy one tomorrow.

Mine is with admiral and it is considerably lower than the op quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom