Who do you use to courier wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Preston-m3

Car
SL55 AMG. BLACK.
I think I have done a deal on the turbine alloys I have for sale but they need to be couriered to the buyer. Who have you used before and what cost roughly is it like to stand me at?
4 18" wheels with 4 tyres.
Cheers

I used Paisley Freight to pick up 4 steel wheels for my wife's A class in 2014, £30.50 from the Scotland to south Wales, very good service. They have fixed prices for wheels & tyres.

As above Paisley freight

I have just used DPD yesterday and they are very good, excellent customer service.
Google DPD Couriers for a location near you.

Granted Paisley Freight are cheap but they do sub let to other firms for collection. When I sent a set of of wheels once the very nice man picked the wheels up and literally chucked them from the back of the van to the front as it was so full up !

Experienced a good service from Paisley myself.

Paisley

Paisley booked, went for the insurance at another £25 for peace of mind. Will report further once I know they have landed in the same condition they leave me in! cheers

How did you package the wheels and tyres?
When I was selling mine all the couriers insisted they were completely wrapped in cardboard.

I will bear this in mind as i will be selling four 18" Mercedes AMG wheels in a about a weeks time.

The large volume / low cost couriers generally discourage car parts - I think this is because of lack of packaging and preparation has caused them grief with leaking fluids / filthy components - Hermes t&c's prohibit vehicle spares. I recently shipped 4 x 17" wheels by Yodel. They had to be split into two parcels containing two wheels each to keep within Yodel's weight and dimension limits. They were in their original boxes then I packed each pair into a further box with some extra packing cardboard at the edges and front faces. You pay less but unless very well packaged, your wheels may be damaged.
I have shipped odd tyres and wheels with Hermes and whilst their t&c's prohibit this I simply packaged them into boxes and all was good.
I think for wheel with tyres, Paisley Freight sound like a very cost effective option.

I have used InterParcel.com to transport 4 wheels about a year ago, a tow bar before that also. It was a simple and effective way to do it. The buyer arranged the collection and as a result paid for the service which was very reasonable. So all I had to do was get the sale money by BACS from him, then give him address details he arranged collection all went well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom