Who had the V8 itch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Smacks a bit of Japanese Calibra/ Capri type image to me. I think power wise it is around the Jap standard 286bhp, probably gives a respectable turn of speed. But why go for one of these at £4k when a little more would get you into one of AMG's finest?

On reflection, it ought to be cheaper to run than a leggy AMG:doh:

Well they were based on the original LS400 - so Lexus's CL equivalent at the time. Never officially imported here.

I quite like the look of them - no idea what they are like to drive. A work mate had one a few years ago and liked it.

When I run I go past a metallic white one which I still think looks handsome today.

It's got a V8 and it's interesting so it gets a big tick from me.

I got the Itch and Scratched it.....first Time an Aston Martin V8 1978.....cheap and made a profit(Not so cheap now)..... Second was a 4.4 Range Rover lovely wafting joy...this missus couldn't live with the MPG so it went. Third was the E55k, when I sold the CLK I thought hmmm another V8 and sold the E320 as well and got the E55k, I can tell you one thing.......this isn't going anywhere apart from with me!

Father in law had a Soarer 2.5 twin turbo. His favourite ever car, and he's had some tasty ones in his time. Got to say it was very well engineered, and outrageously fast.

Turbocharged 2.5 litre straight six - sounds different to a V8, but just as intoxicating - and stronger performance.

Get a 43 or 55 if you want to get a V8. Very robust engine and it's an MB!

soarer are a serious car if you want lots of jap rice boy power

a couple of mates on my car forum i help mod have them and they go like a rocket but i hate them

just like the skyline estate (stagea ?) they are both weird looking cars

Ive had a couple of V8s. 4.6HSE range rover (8mpg):eek: and I have a V8 TVR that is my toy I play with now and then so mileage doesn't matter too much. The Soarer gets my vote purely because of the V8 and I do like the look of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom