Who here is actually going to a live Olympic event

Are you going to see an event

• Yes

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 68.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
I am not. I have no interest in it whatsoever and don't want to buy into it.

Others may do.

PS, read this thread. A lot here are quite keen photographers and carry fairly high end equipment

LONDON 2012 - CAMERAS, BAGS, RESTRICTIONS, ETC - PLEASE POST HERE - Page 4 - Talk Photography

Be VERY careful what you take in to these events. You may say good bye to your camera and/or be ejected from the event and never see your gear again. I carry gear worth almost £1000.00 which is quite light going, others DSLR may be worth a lot more.

No - but only because I'm working. I would have gone to see the cycling today, but have a gig.

WRT policy over photographic equipment, the Ts&Cs are very clear (30cm max dimension) and appear on par with other music and sporting events.

Its the bit where its confiscated and not returned that irks me. What happens to the gear, bet its sold on.

If they want a rule like that then fine, but return it to the owner afterwards. Its tantamount to theft IMHO.

The only one I wouldn't mind seeing in person would be the 100m final, the rest I'll quite happily watch on TV.

Seeing as they made it practically a lottery for what you get to see put me off even trying to get a ticket for the 100m.

The only one I wouldn't mind seeing in person would be the 100m final, the rest I'll quite happily watch on TV.

Seeing as they made it practically a lottery for what you get to see put me off even trying to get a ticket for the 100m.

Its over in 10 secs. Is it the buzz of just "being there" is why you want to go. Is the buzz come from a passion you have for atheletics, or because it has been proclaimed to be something worth seeing

My brother has tickets for the BMX and I am rather jealous.

See, thats probably more fun to watch, if a less acclaimed event than the 100m sprint.

Is the buzz come from a passion you have for atheletics, or because it has been proclaimed to be something worth seeing

For athletics - I used to be a 100m sprinter myself, I got up to running for South Yorkshire while I was still in school but never took it any further.

I had the option of free tickets, but can think of a lot of things I would rather do.

I would like to have seen the cycling... I'm watching a bit of the road race now. Too be honest once you have seen the Tour de France its not really the same :)

Hope GB do well though.

Looking at the crowds on the cycling route its a great turnout.

We were offered some free tickets to a football match but thats not really my thing.

I know lots of people who are really interested in the Olympics and I hope they enjoy the games. Personally, I can barely control my indifference.

Taking our granddaughter who lives in Wales to the basket ball next saturday. Will go by train and DLR, go over the river on the cable car and back into London by bus. A trip she will never forget - what's not to like?

^ Our little one LOVED the torch coming to Chester (and so did I) I've also enjoyed a few time now holding it.

I think for the Children it must be fantastic.

I am not. I have no interest in it whatsoever and don't want to buy into it.

Others may do.

PS, read this thread. A lot here are quite keen photographers and carry fairly high end equipment

LONDON 2012 - CAMERAS, BAGS, RESTRICTIONS, ETC - PLEASE POST HERE - Page 4 - Talk Photography

Be VERY careful what you take in to these events. You may say good bye to your camera and/or be ejected from the event and never see your gear again. I carry gear worth almost £1000.00 which is quite light going, others DSLR may be worth a lot more.

I thought your touring photos were a bit too good for the average camera.

I thought your touring photos were a bit too good for the average camera.

Its really not that high end though camera wise. A Nikon D4 body will cost over £4000 and the FX lens to go with it (say for sports photography) are another £1000-£2000 and the really nice wide lens for landscapes could be £1400 etc.

In the scheme of camera equipment there is nothing high end or professional about my gear but its good consumer gear, which is reflected with my reasonable but not spectacular images. But then again, I am a mere amerature and hobby photographer and there are a few on here like me, and if they are going an event, pack a point and shoot thing, not a reasonably good DSLR.

SWMBO and Mozzer version 1.0 are going to gymnastics finals.

We've got tickets for the men's football quarter finals next Saturday night at the Millennium Stadium.

Been advised to turn up 2 hours early due to all the security checks :eek:

Watching the men's beach volleyball this morning (on TV) I was struck by what a bizarre sport it is.

I don't doubt for one minute the physical fitness required by participants, but it's most odd to see them embrace at every point won, and to have a little sit down every now and then on a twee-looking canopied bench. Then there's the 30-second "time outs", and the brief snatches of various pop songs played every few seconds. What a rum do!

Mind you, watching the women's event this afternoon, none of the above points seemed to be much of an issue any more...

Taking my lot to athletics on the 8th. Really looking forward to it as Olympics is stadium and track and field for me :). Splashed out on good seats so hoping it is a really good view:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom