Who is doing some car cleaning this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DetailerDan

Car
W204 c250 cdi amg sport
Planning on giving the car a good wash this weekend (weather permitting), and giving it the winter prep treatment which consists of
Pre wash snow foam
Rinse
2 bucket wash
Iron out and de tar
Clay bar
Polish
Sealant
Wax
Remove wheels and clean inside and out then polishing, seal and wax
Clean and dress arches

I look forward to hearing how you do yours and always open to tips and advice. I would post pics but I am having trouble posting pics :wallbash:

Jet wash first.
Snow foam.
Jet was again.
2 bucket wash .
Jet was yet again.
Leather with micro towel.
Cup of tea and a biscuit.
Tar remover.
Polish.
Wax.

Never tried sealant.
Wasted £24 on a clay bar kit that fetched sweet FA off probably because it didn’t need it to be honest.

Had the car 3 weeks and done 110 miles and 55 of that was driving back from dealership.

When I said I was a fair weather driver I wasn’t joking. :)

I've just gave the car a quick snow foam and wash, I'm looking to machine it at some point over the next month so will wait to decon etc when I have access to my mates lockup and do it all in one

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hose down
Wipe over with noodle mitt and foamless wash solution
Hose down
Dry with waffle cloths

If it's filthy, hose it down, wash it, 1 bucket method :) with merino wash mitt, dry it
with micro fibre towels, stand
back and admire. :D
If it's just slightly dirty,
Williams waterless wash and
wax, with plenty of micro fibre towels, stand back and admire. :D
Hoover when needed.

I reluctantly "cleaned" the MB and the Mazda earlier, the Range Rover was out on horse duties so not available for cleaning although it is actually more like decontamination the state madam gets in in but that is another story.

Deciding to clean them had the advantage of getting out of the way of our cleaner who likes to "chat" :D

I am not someone who is overly fussed about car cleaning procedures and try to find a quick method that gives an acceptable result.

Today the "method" was a low pressure jet wash, snow foam, jet wash, snow foam, rinse and leather off. Cars ended up looking cleaner than when I started so that is a good result.

I hope that the bodyshop will give mine the once over after they repair the dents and scratches that my **** neighbour's selfish **** tradesman caused by their **** parking outside my gates.

I hope that the bodyshop will give mine the once over after they repair the dents and scratches that my **** neighbour's selfish **** tradesman caused by their **** parking outside my gates.
Did his annoy you perchance?? ;)

Waiting for a break in this rain until I give mine its winter coat. Its looking like Monday at the earliest.
Usually its a 2 bucket wash using Megs Gold class shampoo
Hose down
Clay mitt using Megs detailing spray to lubricate
Another shampoo
Hose down
Dry with microfibre towels
Using Poorboys Back Hole for the first time around
Then Bilt Hamber double speed wax
Finish off with Sonax BSD and a wipe down.

Wheels will come off in the spring and be treated to Auto Finess Iron out, hosed down, shampooed, hosed down , dried, then waxed and sealed .
The hubs get cleaned and repainted with Hammerite smooth silver paint to avoid rusty looking hubs. My pet hate. The bolts will be wire brushed and sprayed with Brilliant silver paint and allowed to harden.

Then the bodywork will get done all over again the following week:wallbash::D

Waiting for a break in this rain until I give mine its winter coat. Its looking like Monday at the earliest.
Usually its a 2 bucket wash using Megs Gold class shampoo
Hose down
Clay mitt using Megs detailing spray to lubricate
Another shampoo
Hose down
Dry with microfibre towels
Using Poorboys Back Hole for the first time around
Then Bilt Hamber double speed wax
Finish off with Sonax BSD and a wipe down.

Wheels will come off in the spring and be treated to Auto Finess Iron out, hosed down, shampooed, hosed down , dried, then waxed and sealed .
The hubs get cleaned and repainted with Hammerite smooth silver paint to avoid rusty looking hubs. My pet hate. The bolts will be wire brushed and sprayed with Brilliant silver paint and allowed to harden.

Then the bodywork will get done all over again the following week:wallbash::D
That's a job on my list as well the hubs, I did the bolts the other week it really helps freshen them up

Bid both mine today, no buckets were involved. some shampoo and water in a bottle for the karcher and some polar seal to finish, Gleaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom