Who likes Gin?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6183
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

I've become very fond of a G&T, I don't think that I've ever had more than 2 at a time but find it more refreshing than beer on a hot day and have become used to the Spanish way of serving it with a large cold glass, copious amounts of ice, a double measure of gin and plenty of tonic with a slice of lime.

Brands that we have bought over the years include in no particular order:

• Gordon's Export
  • Bombay Sapphire
  • Hendricks
  • Williams Chase
  • Gin Mare
  • Brockmans
  • Tanqueray
  • Beefeater
I'm quite keen to try Ophir but not so keen if it tastes like curry, I picked up a bottle of Hortus from Lidl today which comes recommended and will give it a go before lunch tomorrow.

Any recommendations for a gin that I've not yet tried?

There are Gin subscription clubs you might like to subscribe to.

You get sent a selection of Gins from around the country and a bit of info about them.

I’m not nearly sophisticated enough to drink spirits, but Gin has to be a favourite of them, nice and floral, I like Bombay sapphire and the bottle is a pretty colour.

:D

I've become very fond of a G&T, I don't think that I've ever had more than 2 at a time but find it more refreshing than beer on a hot day and have become used to the Spanish way of serving it with a large cold glass, copious amounts of ice, a double measure of gin and plenty of tonic with a slice of lime.

Brands that we have bought over the years include in no particular order:

• Gordon's Export
  • Bombay Sapphire
  • Hendricks
  • Williams Chase
  • Gin Mare
  • Brockmans
  • Tanqueray
  • Beefeater
I'm quite keen to try Ophir but not so keen if it tastes like curry, I picked up a bottle of Hortus from Lidl today which comes recommended and will give it a go before lunch tomorrow.

Any recommendations for a gin that I've not yet tried?
Try Conker Dorset Gin

Also the very best gins don't need tonic water :D

Try Larios Spanish gin, we visit holiday home near Alicante and bring back eight litres at a time costing ten euros a litre, much cheaper than here especially in Scotland where dear leader, that is dear as in expensive, has decided to impose a minimum charge on alcohol. Cannot remember last time I paid UK price for gin.

Try fevertree tonic, much better than sch you know who, they must have got a fright with sales going through the roof. Wish I had bought shares in them at start 134 now trading 1200 odd:wallbash:

Try Larios Spanish gin, we visit holiday home near Alicante and bring back eight litres at a time costing ten euros a litre, much cheaper than here especially in Scotland where dear leader, that is dear as in expensive, has decided to impose a minimum charge on alcohol. Cannot remember last time I paid UK price for gin.

Try fevertree tonic, much better than sch you know who, they must have got a fright with sales going through the roof. Wish I had bought shares in them at start 134 now trading 1200 odd:wallbash:

Fevertree is a favourite in our household, even their light version is drinkable whereas some of the others are way too sweet.
My preference is for 'full fat' tonic either way.

I've seen loads of adverts for Larios when travelling through Spain.

Make sure you squeeze the lime/lemon into the gin, merely dropping it in is not good enough and as you say plenty of ice.

We are of to Spain Tuesday, satisfying drinking a large, cheap g and t in the sunshine, am I making you jealous?

Learnt to drink G&T in Pakistan, their Gordons gin made in Murree was superb, but their local tonic was rubbish - so we put a couple of drops of angostura bitters in to compensate. Came back to UK, tonic is lovely and the angostura killed the diesel of Beefeaters and the like!

Personal choice is Tanqueray export, decent 42% rather than the insipid 37.5% of many these days (done no doubt to keep the cost down). Have tried a couple of fancy priced craft gins recently, but not yet found anything to beat Tanqueray!

I used to make a really nice Gin with Angastura Bitters on some of my blindingly drunk Cocktail evenings in the past.

Angostura bitters is a good shout, the Mrs enjoys a splash in her sparkly instead of cassis.

If you rub the lemon round the glass rim it gives it an extra boost for the very first sip of the day - magic if it's hot. Try it on a guest without them seeing....

There is a rhubarb and ginger gin my wife is very fond of, i have had a tasty and its not to bad at all

...load of pretentious kidology... :D
Original recipe. Crisp, full-bodied and fresh with hints of juniper and spice.
ASDA own brand - fifteen squids a litre 37.5 abv.
With own brand tonic, quarter bottle will render you unconscious...

Ask me how I know.

Plymouth Gin. With a dash of bitters. Tonic is for wimps.

Plymouthgin (1 of 1).jpg

Pink gin Charles - are you ex RN?

No, but lots of naval and Plymouth connections.

I’m more of a rum man but the mrs loves gin &lemonade on a hot summers day
Her favourite tipple at the moment is Aldi’s own gin which actually came out top in a Which magazine blind tasting
Looks like a Gordon’s bottle and it’s cheap as chips

There is a rhubarb and ginger gin my wife is very fond of, i have had a tasty and its not to bad at all
Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb and Ginger Liqueur, 50 cl (Packaging May Vary) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OA6JDBM/
4a4b7cad47abd344af687b0ca969c692.jpg

Sent from my Huawei note 8 using my fingers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom