Who likes Gin?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6183
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have found the best tasting drink is someone else's. Applies to any drink you can think of. :D

And as long as they don't have mouth sores or a serial dribbler.

Plymouth Gin is reliable and excellent for an everyday Gin but Martin Miller's is a class above for a really exceptional drink, try it without tonic to fully appreciate the flavour.

Can't stand Gin. Similar to neat vodka, it has a bitter taste I found, even when mixed with lime and ice as a long drink.
Give a me a pint of premium lager like Peroni anyday to the top shelf.
You’ve never had a good vodka then. One of the many advantages I have of being married to a Mongolian lady is a ready supply of Mongolian vodka. It MUST be drunk neat. It’s smoother than a charity event’s hostess’s bum and pure enough to not lead to a hangover (as long as no other alcohol is consumed at the same time!)

One that’s not been mentioned yet is Greenhall’s (“England’s oldest gin distillers since 1761”.” I’d never heard of it until today when I bought a bottle at Tesco that had a good discount. Have to finish the Gordon’s before trying it.

Greenhall's was an average Gin much like Gordon's, not unpleasant but not outstanding but at some point the alcohol content has been lowered and it is now, to my taste buds, rather bland with very little flavour.

You’ve never had a good vodka then. One of the many advantages I have of being married to a Mongolian lady is a ready supply of Mongolian vodka. It MUST be drunk neat. It’s smoother than a charity event’s hostess’s bum and pure enough to not lead to a hangover (as long as no other alcohol is consumed at the same time!)

Once the mixers enter the equation I'm unsure if a really good vodka/gin can be truly appreciated. As for neat vodka.....nooooooooooo.

Once the mixers enter the equation I'm unsure if a really good vodka/gin can be truly appreciated. As for neat vodka.....nooooooooooo.

You can indeed, a poor quality tonic can also ruin it.

Like adding a little water to some Whiskies can help release their more complex flavours tonics, of quality and in the correct amount, can help carry the complex botanicals in solution so that the taste buds may discern them more clearly.

Last edited:

Very true but without a mixer I would get through them far too quickly.

[emoji846]
Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was given this as a gift. I think I need bigger teeth?
23d08ba5ccfddf3a2c93acc80bbc76b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at a bit of a do last night and someone produced a small bottle of Chatham Dockyard gin. Never seen it before and, as I don't drink many spirits, any recommendations from me would be suspect. Beer and wine drinker me.

I have enjoyed a neat Absolute in the past.

Well after the combination of these two last night, which was particularly delicious..... Ma hieds bangin!
3745f1247b0a7e90626762ff2e6a2c60.jpg
fdf659655302b0830610880de56a2736.jpg

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

My much better half is a gin lover. Current favourites include:

Sacred
Kew Gardens - regular and Explorer
Copeland - very local to us!
Shortcross - also local!

From what she tells me, if you like Fevertree, 1724 is THE tonic.

Must admit, I'm a brandy and cigar man myself.

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom