Who makes Merc Fuel Filters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Hey guys,

Are MB fuel filters Bosch?

I was looking at mine then local dealer wants £90, MBNewcaslte £78, or ECP £40 for Bosch..

I had a look at the current filter on mine when it was on the ramp and it had a Bosch stamp on it? Not sure if it's OEM tho

Cheers
Abs

The original MB fuel filter on my W203 (M271 petrol engine) was in fact a Knecht KL-82 with an MB part number on it.

Hey guys,

Are MB fuel filters Bosch?

I was looking at mine then local dealer wants £90, MBNewcaslte £78, or ECP £40 for Bosch..

I had a look at the current filter on mine when it was on the ramp and it had a Bosch stamp on it? Not sure if it's OEM tho

Cheers
Abs
Bosch have been around for year and I have not had any problems with there stuff. I would go for bosch at £40 without giving it a second thought.

Cheers guys

I'll look into it a bit more

I can't see Bosch being an issue but I may just go for MB Newcastle it's £30 more but it's gonna be installed for 5 years!

Cheers guys

I'll look into it a bit more

I can't see Bosch being an issue but I may just go for MB Newcastle it's £30 more but it's gonna be installed for 5 years!

If you want an MB filter that's fine.

Otherwise any of the following will do: Bosch, Knecht, Mahle, or Mann.

If you want an MB filter that's fine.

Otherwise any of the following will do: Bosch, Knecht, Mahle, or Mann.

Yeh the current one in it has a Bosch stamp on it :cool: and it seems to have been fine :thumb:

Im Probably over thinking it as usual lol

why leave it for 5 years!! for £40 change it before (more often), end of day it is doing a job of removing rubbish and with supermarket prices one can expect "rubbish".

why leave it for 5 years!! for £40 change it before (more often), end of day it is doing a job of removing rubbish and with supermarket prices one can expect "rubbish".

Yes, but just to add that if you don't do it DIY then you need to add labour costs which can vary depending on the location of the fuel filter on the car.

On a related note, on newer cars the filter is inside the fuel tank and only needs to be replaced every 15 years.

Yes, but just to add that if you don't do it DIY then you need to add labour costs which can vary depending on the location of the fuel filter on the car.

On a related note, on newer cars the filter is inside the fuel tank and only needs to be replaced every 15 years.
thats true, I forget people aren't always DIY savy.

thats true, I forget people aren't always DIY savy.

I only use Vpower nitro / momentum so I like to think the fuel should be pretty good either way?

Debris in the tanks?

Yes. The garage actually has more impact on the fuel quality than the "brand" does; putting the best fuel in leaky old tanks will just result in v-power than has water and debris in it.
(Conversely, "cheap" fuel stored well may prove to be good.)

A service station that sells lots of fuel is more likely to have fresh supplies than one that sells very little.

Yes. The garage actually has more impact on the fuel quality than the "brand" does; putting the best fuel in leaky old tanks will just result in v-power than has water and debris in it.

A service station that sells lots of fuel is more likely to have fresh supplies than one that sells very little.

Good to know that my local Tesco fuel station (where I get momentum) seems to always be packed and regularly see tankers

I can vouch for that!
I have several memorable shop cases but the best must be about two years ago when a Sprinter Ambo went into a fuel station to fill with a cardiac arrest patient in the back being transferred from one hospital to another.
Having filled he got across the forecourt and the Ambo fell on its face!
Refused to start!
A passing motorist proclaimed he was a diesel truck mechanic and bunged in a huge pot of well--- additive!!
Further cranking and it refused to run, ended up at my shop on the hook!

Having discovered the fuel taken on was about 80% rain water the additive bunged into the tank turned the lot to gel--even the FIE system over the engine.
We had to replace everything except the tank carcass! --read expensive!
Be careful where you fill--can end up as a wallet flush!
Shiver me timbers & ----
-A catlick benediction to yah all tahbesure -Spectacles, Testicles Wallet Watch
Tuercas viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom