Who needs a G Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love these. The newer ones go for some serious money now and are drying up in numbers or seems.

Perfect vehicle for Mrs Spiky's shopping trips; plenty room in the back, no need to worry about curbing the wheels.
It's even got a proper handbrake. And no-one is ever going to argue about who's parking space it is in Tesco's carpark.

I don't need a G (or a Unimog) but I do want one!

Ukrainians could probably find a good use for it, although by all accounts they seem to have enough captured Russian vehicles👍

Good time to mention I saw diesel at 182p at Rugby services yesterday

I had a company 425 Unimog in Saudi Arabia mid-late 70s
Fantastic vehicles, go anywhere and very comfortable.
I still have the instruction book.

I don't think the OP is suggesting that it is a G-Class. The OP is suggesting that the Unimog outdoes G-Class.
And that, possibly, a Unimog is a little cheaper than a Gelandewagen.

(Not sure that it would cut the mustard at Chelsea Football's practice ground "at the moment." For several reasons.)

unimog-mercedes-benz-g-class-gelandewagen-front-each-o-france-may-four-wheel-drive-vehicle-wagen-short-cross-country-54370992.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I've posted it before but I once saw a Unimog with a a Targa type top, something to do with a support bar having to go into the cab for the machinery on the back.

But how cool would a SWB Targa Topped Moggy flat bed be with a set of blingy wheels from a American truck. That would be my first lottery win project 😜

I don't think the OP is suggesting that it is a G-Class. The OP is suggesting that the Unimog outdoes G-Class.
Rather have a ‘G’ though. The Unimog is a bit too commercial for me. Fortunately I am not into 4WD’s at all so neither of them really appeal to me :)

The Unimog can climb 45 degree inclines. True story.
So can my Defender Wolf.....you mean the G can't?! ;)

I actually thought the G was meant to be able to do that as well.....

I had a company 425 Unimog in Saudi Arabia mid-late 70s
Fantastic vehicles, go anywhere and very comfortable.
I still have the instruction book.
For a paltry £6200 you can re-unite your instruction book with a vehicle & re-live your youth:rolleyes:
Go on, you know you want to:banana:

So can my Defender Wolf.....you mean the G can't?! ;)

I actually thought the G was meant to be able to do that as well.....
Apparently it can:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Idea for your next challenge/YouTube video @KillerHERTZ

A mate of my mates managed to do this a couple of years ago. Trapping him inside as he is so short, he couldnt open the otherside door fully to climb out and didnt want to risk the other side crushing him :D

From the high position, he couldnt see that the edge of the Dyke was as close as it was.

ruOJVaM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom