Who needs a Tesla

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pretty good...how about this..

da42612c315370ffe9e60db9e8fff8c7.jpg

LOL

I filled it up when I bought it and haven't quite got it down to half a tank of petrol yet. Coming up to 750 miles.

I can put my head on the pillow at night much better balancing the symphony of a couple of V8's [emoji6]

LOL

I filled it up when I bought it and haven't quite got it down to half a tank of petrol yet. Coming up to 750 miles.

[emoji6]

A couple of my mates have recently moved over to hybrid RR Sports and are amazed how good they are around town. One of them said a very similar thing about having had his for weeks and still not having drained the tank.

I don't know the economy on my w123. It simply has a needle that points to economy or not and will often just bounce between the two irrespective of driving style :D

I just replaced the petrol tank in my SL as it had been leaking . After initially testing with a small amount of fuel , I filled it to the brim last week and went off to Aberdeen, on return I ran about locally for a couple of days until the fuel light came on .

I then brimmed it again £75 odds of unleaded @ £1.26/L , so near as dammit 60L , which is around 13 gallons , with 415 miles recorded on the trip counter , which works out to just under 32 mpg .

That wasn’t hammering the car , but driving smoothly and maintaining 70mph on motorways/DC where permissible , and keeping to regularity speed limits where required ; so not on an economy drive , just normal everyday driving .

I still have the charcoal canister filter inside the front wing and the purge valve to do this weekend, and new front pads , and the idle speed control valve to clean as running fast on occasion , but generally more than happy with that result .

I wonder what your official mpg is Pontoneer? Extra urban on my S500 is 28 so to get 31 is surprising to me. Especially as I usually get 16 on the weekend (coast roads :p)

I once managed an indicated 37mpg in my CL500BE and that wasn't overly careful driving - just consistent.

Reactions: 219
I wonder what your official mpg is Pontoneer? Extra urban on my S500 is 28 so to get 31 is surprising to me. Especially as I usually get 16 on the weekend (coast roads :p)
I’m not sure , but my car is the 300-24 , not a 500 , and with my 300 TE and 300TE-24 I also got circa 30mpg .

My W126 500SEL , could plummet as low as 20mpg if I was heavy footed , to circa 27mpg if I drove sensibly .

Just looked it up - official extra urban figure is 24-29 mpg , probably on a new car with a tight engine . Mine with 190K will be nicely run in and loosened up

Nice 50 mile drive in the old convertabubbly during the week. 5 gallons of refined fossil fuel burned into the atmosphere. Makes the CL look positively economical.

"Convertabubbly" :D brilliant.

Nice 50 mile drive in the old convertabubbly during the week. 5 gallons of refined fossil fuel burned into the atmosphere. Makes the CL look positively economical.
10 mpg ? In what ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom