Who needs the gym

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Decided last night that it was cool enough to wash my 211. I gave it a rinse down, then snow foamed, then 2 bucket wash, followed by towel drying. By the time I finished it was about 21.30 and I was a knackered, wheezing, sweaty wreck!

This morning, I have started the polishing, but have only managed a couple of doors and wings before having to stop from fatigue.

It's certainly providing some good exercise, with lots of bending, stretching, carrying, etc. ..

Hmmm right and all was followed with a really fatty meal with a beer :)
Heart will really like that
If in shape shouldn't sweat it should be easy ha ha

Get yourself a bike for the short journeys.... you might then be around long enough to see your children grow up!

You're probably using some muscles more frequently than you usually do.

Plus you get instant benefit on your car whereas your body takes longer to show the results you want ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

If you get knackered washing the car, perhaps it's you that needs gym!

I know what you mean. I foamed, washed, dried, polished, sealed, vacuumed and interior cleaned both our cars on Saturday. It took 3.5 hours and I was knackered.

Guys, IIRC Chrisedu was in hospital not very long ago, so be gentle. Maybe, like me, he has COPD and sleep apnoea (along with high blood pressure) and some days it takes very little to empty the tank, other days can be nowhere near as bad.

Guys, IIRC Chrisedu was in hospital not very long ago, so be gentle. Maybe, like me, he has COPD and sleep apnoea (along with high blood pressure) and some days it takes very little to empty the tank, other days can be nowhere near as bad.

In that case, apologies :eek:

Hmmm right and all was followed with a really fatty meal with a beer :)
Heart will really like that
If in shape shouldn't sweat it should be easy ha ha

Getting out of breath/sweaty from washing a car? -:eek::eek::eek:

Get yourself a bike for the short journeys.... you might then be around long enough to see your children grow up!

Wow.

How this forum has changed... :eek:

One from a mod too..... :doh:

What difference does that make? :dk:

You often make out I shouldnt be able to voice my opinions on here :(

What difference does that make?
Weeeeell..... shouldn't you be setting an example perhaps? :dk:

You often make out I shouldnt be able to voice my opinions on here :(
Really?
When?

A Mod admittedly, but also the first to apologise! I used to be into car washing almost to the point of detailing, even have my own DA polisher, selection of pads and a selection of paint correction fluids, polishes and waxes. These days I've found a hand car wash I trust so no longer even wash my cars (yes, that includes the 968 cab!!). Simple reason - buggered lungs caused by smoking for 50 years, plus a buggered lower back that causes problems with my legs (basically sciatica).

This weekend I'm off to do Tough Mudder, 12 miles, 12 obstacles, 4-5 hours of intense activity. I'm quite fit.

I was STILL knackered this past weekend after spending nearly 4 hours cleaning cars.

It's bloody hard work! :crazy: ;)

Decided last night that it was cool enough to wash my 211. I gave it a rinse down, then snow foamed, then 2 bucket wash, followed by towel drying. By the time I finished it was about 21.30 and I was a knackered, wheezing, sweaty wreck!

This morning, I have started the polishing, but have only managed a couple of doors and wings before having to stop from fatigue.

It's certainly providing some good exercise, with lots of bending, stretching, carrying, etc. ..

Have to admire your dedication and effort more power to you :thumb:

I am 51 and relatively fit for my age but also work up a sweat, probably because I am always in a hurry ;)

I'm pushing 71 and looking for an e class coupe - maybe I should get a go-kart instead?

Keep up the exercise Chris. I've got COPD and can't bend further than the door handles without wheezing. Another bout of pleurisy two weeks ago doesn't help either. Rashman thought I was kidding when I got the Mr Sheen out at BotG. Oooooo no. Polish and wax a 212 wagen? I wish:wallbash:

:D :D :D

Cheers, chaps! Yes, I am currently nowhere near as fit as I would normally be - that's what depression, asthma, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, gastric reflux, sleep problems, etc... do to you when they get a grip. :(

This time last year, I would be training at least 5 times per week on a Concept2 machine and regularly rowing half and full marathon distances.

During this latest period of health problems, my weight has gone up by circa 28lbs+, and boy, do I feel it?!

However, I do also have a degree in sports science, and will quite happily say that doing a thorough cleaning of a car, with all the washing, waxing, etc... is a very good workout, if done by hand and not reliant upon machines to make it easier.

That said, can anyone recommend a machine for waxing the car? I'm toast! :D (or do I just get the attachments for my Festool Rotex?)

Oh, by the way, I was also at the doctor's again, today, and they have prescribed antibiotics. I have been feeling wheezy/struggling with my breathing for the past week or so, despite being on a decent dose of prednisolone, which should have sorted any issue. In fact, it's not been quite right since my last hospital visit. Hmm....

Last edited:
Wow - gotta love forums :eek::crazy:.

Yes John. The first 5 replies to Chris's OP should be ashamed for being judgemental.

Chris, I solute you. I know what it's like feeling bl00dy rotten all the time and washing the car IS a big deal. Knackers you out but gives you a buzz mentally to have achieved such a thing.

Ant. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom