Who needs the gym

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Chris, i've got the meguiars DA machine, very good.

I get knackered washing the cars, but it's also very satisfying :)

Get yourself a bike for the short journeys.... you might then be around long enough to see your children grow up!

Hmm..sage advise. As it happens, I enjoy going off on rides on the South Downs upon my Ellsworth Epiphany. Besides which, short journeys, I walk!

Well, I have finally finished the first stage, as I see it - a wash and polish of the bodywork. I am yet to do the wheels, interiors, etc.. but it is looking a lot better than it did previously. I've even got rid of the residue from the designation stickers that a previous owner took off and didn't do a very good job off.

Today, the car had plenty of Collinite and Sonax detail spray.

I'll post some photos later.

Oh, and I'm still dripping a good 30 minutes later from finishing, but that could also be down to the Venlaflaxine which can cause thermo-regulation problems.

Yes John. The first 5 replies to Chris's OP should be ashamed for being judgemental.

Chris, I solute you. I know what it's like feeling bl00dy rotten all the time and washing the car IS a big deal. Knackers you out but gives you a buzz mentally to have achieved such a thing.

Ant. :thumb:

Thanks, Ant.

Can't say I'm too worried about the first 5 replies, fact is, I won't always be this unfit (I hope!) and ill, but ignorance is for life! (To badly paraphrase W.S. Churchill)

Yes, it has given me a bit of a buzz - yes, I feel completely wiped-out; it has taken me absolutely hours to do, and I'm not really finished yet, but, and this is what counts more than anything, I'm pretty happy with the result and I have achieved something with my day, other than staying in bed feeling like crap. Yes, at some points, my limbs didn't really feel connected to the rest of me, and yes, I have probably over done it, but I'm an obstinate old ******* that doesn't know when to quit - just a look at my medical history makes that clear! :D

So, as Taylor would say, I'll shake it off! Hats off to all us codgers, with our dodgy bits, and 5 minutes stamina, like they always say, it's not what you've got, but what you do with it! ;) :D

Hat off to you sir!

My dad is in a similar situation, he's 66 and finds it hard to breathe etc and is actually going in for open heart surgery soon. He too is a pretty fit guy as well. Before he really started to struggle he was at the gym 3 times a week and his recent achievements include climbing Kilimanjaro and hiking round the base of Mont Blanc.

Yet he still insists on washing and valeting his VW Touareg at least once a week and won't accept a hand!

People need to remember, Being fit and healthy doesn't always prevent health problems!

Hat off to you sir!

My dad is in a similar situation, he's 66 and finds it hard to breathe etc and is actually going in for open heart surgery soon. He too is a pretty fit guy as well. Before he really started to struggle he was at the gym 3 times a week and his recent achievements include climbing Kilimanjaro and hiking round the base of Mont Blanc.

Yet he still insists on washing and valeting his VW Touareg at least once a week and won't accept a hand!

People need to remember, Being fit and healthy doesn't always prevent health problems!

And being fit doesn't necessarily mean that you're healthy and vice versa.

Pictures as promised.

I need to get the polish out from various gaps, like around the parking sensors.

Attachments

• 20160517_193336.jpg
    20160517_193336.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20160517_193351.jpg
    20160517_193351.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20160517_193430.jpg
    20160517_193430.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 26
Speaking of washing my car... yesterday I took advantage of a good offer in Costco and bought a Karcher pressure washer K5 Full Control Home Premium for £ 275.

Has anyone tried it? Maybe I should have asked earlier, but my trusted old K 5.700 had died last week after 6 years of honoured service.

Our Karcher is 15 years old. I fancied treating myself to a new one but I was put off by the fact that the soap container now seems to have been replaced by a universal soap cartridge that you plug in. (Forcing you to keep buying their fill-ups)

Is this right or do the las test models have a container you can fill yourself?

I ordered new brake discs recently......the delivery guy says 'these are heavy'...so I asked him to put them in my garage (read...shed).....later in the week I tried to put them in the boot.....couldn't do it, peripheral polyneuropathy means I have virtually no grip in my hands.....I went to the Doc and asked him to take it back...I didn't like it.....no joy was experienced.......when oh when did it all go so wrong :dk:

Our Karcher is 15 years old. I fancied treating myself to a new one but I was put off by the fact that the soap container now seems to have been replaced by a universal soap cartridge that you plug in. (Forcing you to keep buying their fill-ups)

Is this right or do the las test models have a container you can fill yourself?

I think that the K5 allows you to do both (possibly not at the same time): you can either plug in a Karcher soap cartridge in the main unit or attach to the lance a much smaller soap container with a nozzle, which can be filled in with a detergent liquid of your choice.
From what I've seen, once the Karcher cartridge is empty you can also fill it in with anything you want.
I'll let you know how I get on.

3.5 hours washing your car!! Bet it rained straight after and covered in mud......I've not washed any of my cars for years, one of the benefits of eu membership is the £5 hand wash

And here comes the rain! Still, it should just bead straight off with the coat on Collinite 915 my car is now wearing. :)

Just a shame that with all of yesterday's effort, plus 2 sleeping pills, I still couldn't get a decent night's sleep. Regular as clockwork, come 4.22am and it's wake-up time! Arghh! The last time I slept decently through the night was when I took the mertazapine, which I had to stop due to it giving me convulsions!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom