Who says black cars always look dirty...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyfool

Car
(14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black & (16) E400 AMG Line Convertible White
OK, the vast majority of the time it looks like this

image-2479548772.jpg

But it doesn't half scrub up well after a good wash! How about yours?

Attachments

• image-4164518985.jpg
    image-4164518985.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 166
  • image-1692298336.jpg
    image-1692298336.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 175
  • image-1099451602.jpg
    image-1099451602.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 167
  • image-3068870067.jpg
    image-3068870067.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 186
On my third black car, but the first Merc I've owned that is black and I love it. Yes it's hard work, but being an evening and weekend car it's not too bad. Black looks amazing with a few coats of polish, glaze and sealant.

reflexboy said:
On my third black car, but the first Merc I've owned that is black and I love it. Yes it's hard work, but being an evening and weekend car it's not too bad. Black looks amazing with a few coats of polish, glaze and sealant.

Yeah, I didn't get time to polish it. I'll treat it next time.

20150215_1254321_zpsfvzdlhi5.jpg

20150322_1505351_zpslfeingxg.jpg

20150215_1233091_zps0kjnopmh.jpg

20150322_1506251_zpsyszphl89.jpg

Last edited:
Mine scrubs up ok (but I did cheat a little :cool:):

I don't mean to be rude, but that looks very orange peely to me? unless it's the reflection?

It's better in the flesh - the halide lights are very unforgiving, as they're designed to be.

I wasn't being rude, it looks stunningly shiney, and all the lines, wheels and widows are all nice and sharp. It's where the panels of the house door on the lower part of the car door and also the slatted reflection? the rear quarter looks perfect.
like you say it'll be the light,sorry :thumb:

Nice. My youngest wants me to change my wheels for black ones.

Personally I think dirty cars look dirty irrespective of colour. Cant say that my previous black cars have looked any worse than others. One this for sure the only way to keep a car looking pristine is to keep washing it or only drive it in the dry.

I've had one black car and one white car in my lifetime, I'd not choose either colour again.

I've discovered washing the car in the rain stops it drying with water droplet marks, particularly in a hard water area.

Crazyfool said:
I've discovered washing the car in the rain stops it drying with water droplet marks, particularly in a hard water area.

For this very reason I will now only have my cars cleaned under water.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

If you are keen to keep your car clean most of the time, then black is the colour, if you can't be ****d, then get a light colour.

I wasn't being rude, it looks stunningly shiney, and all the lines, wheels and widows are all nice and sharp. It's where the panels of the house door on the lower part of the car door and also the slatted reflection? the rear quarter looks perfect.
like you say it'll be the light,sorry :thumb:

I took delivery of a 2015 obsidian black C220 AMG LINE last month and have to say how disappointed I am with the paint finish. Mine is orange peely and in the wrong light is quite noticeable. It's looks more noticeable now it's had a polish and a couple of coats of blackfire wax/sealant. i showed a friend who is a professional car painter and he agreed it's pretty bad, particularly for a high end car. That then prompted me to go to the dealership and compare it to other black new mercs and they all seem as bad. Don't get me wrong, it's not appalling but just not good enough in my opinion.

I had noticed this as well in the local MB dealership very poor paint finish.

I took delivery of a 2015 obsidian black C220 AMG LINE last month and have to say how disappointed I am with the paint finish. Mine is orange peely and in the wrong light is quite noticeable. It's looks more noticeable now it's had a polish and a couple of coats of blackfire wax/sealant. i showed a friend who is a professional car painter and he agreed it's pretty bad, particularly for a high end car. That then prompted me to go to the dealership and compare it to other black new mercs and they all seem as bad. Don't get me wrong, it's not appalling but just not good enough in my opinion.

Don't keep looking the paint finish will just grate on you more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom