Who sets parts prices, MB UK or the dealerships?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

millo777

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 W140 S600L/2003 S211 320cdi
Just curious as I just bought 2 headlight wiper blades from my local main dealer, who charged £12.70 + vat each. When I checked online this evening I see Inchcape sell the same part for £6.70 inc vat each.

Is my local dealer extracting the Michael? or does inchcape system just need updating?

From now on I think I'll be ordering online.

Mercedes just had a price increase at the weekend so could be down to Inchcape needing to do an update

An 89% increase is a heck of an increase.

But when was it last updated? Mercedes seem to be increasing prices monthly.
I restore and work on a lot of Mercedes and I called to order some rubber seal's not so long ago for a R107 which I was told had doubled in price and that was before this last increase so hate to think what they will cost now. Nothing surprises me with Mercedes and there price's anymore.

I believe Dealers set their own prices but it's based upon a recommended retail price from MBUK. Regardless, many main dealers will offer a discount on parts and servicing, so it's largely irrelevant what the starting price is?

£6.70 per blade sounds very cheap to me?

£6.70 per blade sounds very cheap to me?

Sounds more like the rubber only

Fire up the part nos. to we have a nosey

WIPER BLADE - E Class 1985 - 1994 E250 - Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

They did give me a 10% owners club discount, making it £27.43 inc vat for the 2 which is still more than double the price from Inchcape.

I was just curious as I thought parts prices were consistent between dealers, hence no need to shop around between dealerships. It seems that may not be the case.

No really a big deal on the cost of 2 headlight blades, but on larger dealership parts orders I'll be shopping around.

Looks like they were taking the Michael

Bar Stewards!!!!!!!!

As a matter of possible interest, that part was listed at £3.54 + VAT just over 10 year ago at dealer, when I purchased my two blades on 20/11/2002.

I believe I read some W124 prices have increased recently ----having been relegated to "classic status" and sourced from Germany rather than being stocked in the UK???
PS some routine parts prices may not have increased since they will be shared in common with later models such as the W202

Last edited:
If it helps, we stock the Bosch Equivalent (not sure who makes the MB one, probably Valeo or Bosch)

Bosch Headlight Wiper
Part No.: 485220120
Web Price: £12.30
Forum Price: £8.61
Bosch - Euro Car Parts UK
485220120.jpg

(image is of 2, however price per unit)

For ref, the part form the dealer is Bosch and has no MB part number marking.

@ ECP, the discount on these on your site is actually 25%, so £9.22 each. The mbclub30 code doesn't work for these. Perhaps you could clarify which codes work for which product lines?

Also, I did check the ECP site for these before buying from the dealer and couldn't find them. They aren't listed in Wiper Blades section either eith or without my car details entered. They don't appear in the search results for "wiper", "wiper blade" "headlight wiper", or "headlamp wiper", so can only assume they only discoverable if searching using the Bosch part number. If these parts were correctly catalogued correctly you sell a few more?

For ref, the part form the dealer is Bosch and has no MB part number marking.
Thought so, thanks for letting me know :)

@ ECP, the discount on these on your site is actually 25%, so £9.22 each. The mbclub30 code doesn't work for these. Perhaps you could clarify which codes work for which product lines?

The MBCLUB30 code was originally setup specifically for Service parts & Brakes however I have added wipers :)

If these parts were correctly catalogued correctly you sell a few more?
Your totally correct, however one of our strongest points, is a weak point - as our catalogue is customer built by our own team, we have the possibility of missing certain SKUs - However on the plus side we simply report this, and the team normally take 72 hours to add to our lookup (i have already done this in the case of this headlight wiper) So hopefully it'll be linked soon

Its because of your help, and feedback that we can make this the most accurate listing available!:thumb:

Pat

Thanks Pat. Good to know it's updated now and others can hopefully benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom