Who thought my optical illusion thread was OTT?

Who thought my optical illusion thread was OTT?

• Offensive

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Risqué, but OK

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Perfectly reasonable

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corned

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
Just canvassing opinion, you understand...!

Clearly the over-moderators saw fit to pull it, fair enough, but let's see how many people actually thought it inappropriate or offensive.

Simple!

Edit: The poll is private - no handles will be displayed.

Last edited:
Just canvassing opinion, you understand...!

Clearly the over-moderators saw fit to pull it, fair enough, but let's see how many people actually thought it inappropriate or offensive.

Simple!

I thought it was inappropriate.
Simple reason, my grandaughter uses this forum, and I do not want her to log on here and see those kind of pictures on a forum that we regard a place you can log on and discuss/read about Mercedes Benz cars and not be subjected to pictures of the like that were posted.

Not just what you posted but there were also more posted after yours, so if it makes you feel any better you were not the only one.

IS that simple enough?

Alex.

I am on many forums where there is a private members lounge which is not viewable to members who do not have access to that section and unregistered viewers. Criteria to gain access to that area can be age and how long you have been on the forum or reaching a certain number of posts. Also it is an area where things like the post today can be posted and personal posts members may want to post that they do not want to post in the public parts. I think we should have one on here.

Also members should warn the content inside by putting NSFW in the thread title or like many forums have have a post icon with certificate 18 logo.

There are far worse things children can see on the internet than what was posted today.

Last edited:
I can see why it was deleted, but as ive said before that it would be helpful to keep the thread & delete the content with a small message saying "not acceptable" or somthing. other forums do this...

If I was reading the forum during my lunch break at work, as I do sometimes.. I'd be out on my ear quicker than you can say "NSFW".

Risqué but inoffensive, has whoever pulled it been in a primary school playground recently? or on the beach in Brighton?

Would appear we are heading back to where several people are being heavily moderated yet others seem to get away with even blatant abuse.

A bit of inoffensive banter and posts of amusing pics, or am I missing a sinister meaning behind them :dk::dk::dk::dk:

I am 99% sure there was a similar picture posted a little while ago by someone else and that thread wasnt closed.

Maybe there could be an over 18's part on the forum like some others have, otherwise over moderation will cause members to leave.

As much as I like cars there's not much in 'general discussion' to hold interest, if you want to keep a community spirit you need to hold back on the censorship.

Already my visits are reduced to every few days rather than daily as things are changing here - not sure of the exact reason but it's not what it used to be

Dek

Fair call to delete the thread but the main issue wasn't actually the pictures but some of the comments made if you want to split hairs.

On that note - and this is posted not as a precursor to any argument but forms part of a worthy question.

Simple reason, my grandaughter uses this forum, and I do not want her to log on here and see those kind of pictures on a forum that we regard a place you can log on and discuss/read about Mercedes Benz cars and not be subjected to pictures of the like that were posted.

This asks a few questions :

1. How old is the child ?
2. Does she have supervised access when using the internet or total freedom ?
3. Has she a unique log-in for this forum or just use someone else's ?
4. If she is young enough then there should be a junior membership that denies access to the OT sub forum.

More questions than answers .........

Maybe there could be an over 18's part on the forum like some others have, otherwise over moderation will cause members to leave.

As much as I like cars there's not much in 'general discussion' to hold interest, if you want to keep a community spirit you need to hold back on the censorship.

Already my visits are reduced to every few days rather than daily as things are changing here - not sure of the exact reason but it's not what it used to be

Dek

The mods should read the above post very carefully, If someone with just over 100 posts can spot what's happening on here then it's time someone started taking notice.

Over censorship = disgruntled Members = people leaving Simples :thumb:

Apart from Sp!ke do any of the Admin team ever post anymore? :dk:

Last edited:
Fair call to delete the thread but the main issue wasn't actually the pictures but some of the comments made if you want to split hairs.

On that note - and this is posted not as a precursor to any argument but forms part of a worthy question.

This asks a few questions :

4. If she is young enough then there should be a junior membership that denies access to the OT sub forum.

More questions than answers .........

She is 15, she sees me logged on this forum a lot and has taken an interest in how Mercedes cars work because I install comand systems.

Yes only supervised and is allowed to look at this forum as we THOUGHT it was safe enough without being subjected to the kind of pictures that were posted.

She has her own but mostly uses mine when staying with us as my home page is set to this forum and I am always logged on, however she is not allowed to post using my log in details.

This should really make no difference as there is NO age limit set to join this forum, unless I am wrong
Again this should make no difference as OT sometimes can be interesting to young ones as well, I.E. there is a topic about dogs right now and having 4 dogs ourselves I am sure she would be interested in reading about opinions there.

At the end of the day to your questiosn about "how old is the child" should make no difference because a child is a child and when you see that there are not many forums like this one that you feel safe that your family can log on and will be fine as they wont be subjeted to pictures of that nature.

Alex.

Last edited:
I'm glad that disgusting thread was pulled.....

I HATE boats:p

She is 15, she sees me logged on this forum a lot and has taken an interest in how Mercedes cars work because I install comand systems.

Yes only supervised and is allowed to look at this forum as we THOUGHT it was safe enough without being subjected to the kind of pictures that were posted.

She has her own but mostly uses mine when staying with us as my home page is set to this forum and I am always logged on, however she is not allowed to post using my log in details.

This should really make no difference as there is NO age limit set to join this forum, unless I am wrong
Again this should make no difference as OT sometimes can be interesting to young ones as well, I.E. there is a topic about dogs right now and having 4 dogs ourselves I am sure she would be interested in reading about opinions there.

At the end of the day to your questiosn about "how old is the child" should make no difference because a child is a child and when you see that there are not many forums like this one that you feel safe that your family can log on and will be fine as they wont be subjested to pictures of that nature.

Alex.

15 OMG my daughter was subjected to worse than on those posts on the beach in Tenerife when she was 5, do you seriously think your GD would have been offended by those posts? Maybe if she goes to a convent school and never seen a boy. Did she see them or comment?

Not been funny but this is not 1950 we are now in the 21st century where children grow up very fast, the innocence of youth is now a thing of the past, some people seem forget times move on as do attitudes and acceptability.

Alex

Sorry to break this to you but you are in for a huge shock in the near future.

Actually I have edited this post as I dont see any reason to be part of this discussion.

I have done this because I respect the owner and members of this forum and do not want to get heated up and say something that would insult anybody.

Thank you for all members for having me here as part of a great forum.
Sadly I for one do not want to be part of it any more, but would like to think that this forum will great for all old and new members.

Forum ADMIN or MODS could you please delete my account.

I would also like to wish you all the very best of health for the future.
Its been a pleasure.

Alex.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom