Who thought my optical illusion thread was OTT?

Who thought my optical illusion thread was OTT?

• Offensive

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Risqué, but OK

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Perfectly reasonable

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did boats have to do with it? OK, hands up, who else thinks it was about boats?

:D

It is this righteous indignation that makes me laugh... Russell Brand/ Jonathon Ross, anyone?
It was just a bit of admiration of the female form, that's all, and it gets blown into some 1950s rhetoric:ban:

I know we are not in the 1950, but with all due respect I think it is up to me to decide how my grandaughter is brought up and not you.

Correct and I have no wish to impart my views on you but IMHO I did not do a bad job on mine as she will start Oxford Uni next year (assuming she gets the predicted grades 3 x A*)

Innocence of youth may be a thing of the past and some people seem to forget times move on and so do attitudes and acceptability but also remember that does not mean that we all have to change.

No you are quite free to live in the past with the rest of the people who won't/don't accept change and get left behind whilst the rest of society moves on.Your choice and you are entitled to do what you believe is right for you and your family, nothing to do with me at all.

Alex

" The only thing in life that is constant is change"

Read above post that I edited.

Thank you for all members for having me here as part of a great forum.
Sadly I for one do not want to be part of it any more, but would like to think that this forum will great for all old and new members.

Forum ADMIN or MODS could you please delete my account.

I would also like to wish you all the very best of health for the future.
Its been a pleasure.

Alex.

Sadly I for one do not want to be part of it any more, but would like to think that this forum will great for all old and new members.

Its been a pleasure.

Alex.

Does this mean the thread can get re-instated ?

This was the picture woman and a boat.

women-drivers-i-bet-the-boat-just-jumped-out-in-front-of-you-demotivational-poster.jpg

Last edited:
The thread received multiple complaints and was therefore pulled.

I was sat in my living room with my wife and 10 year old son when I opened the thread and I felt very uncomfortable about it and had to hit the back button. I'm sure I'm not alone too. I note no-one seems to have considered whether it would be offensive to our female members.

It was also NSFW which is a very god indicator as to whether it is suitable here or not.

Last edited:
The thread received multiple complaints and was therefore pulled.

I was sat in my living room with my wife and 10 year old son when I opened the thread and I felt very uncomfortable about it and had to hit the back button. I'm sure I'm not alone too. I note no-one seems to have considered whether it would be offensive to our female members.

It was also NSFW which is a very god indicator as to whether it is suitable here or not.

Not been funny here but I would like to direct your attention to post #9

If that Thread was considered NSFW then I have to question where people work and quite frankly think they are using that as an excuse to hide behind.

I would not have a problem with any of my guys viewing that at work neither would SWMBO, check out the British Board of Film Classification and their guidelines you will find the content of that thread would be acceptable for anyone in the latter years of primary school.

As I say Post #9 is a very valid point as is my reply and also the results of the poll above. The forum should be run for what the members want and not over moderated by individuals because of personal views unless those views are the collective views of all the mods, in which case I have no problem with that, but 84% of those answering the poll thought it was acceptable what does that tell you?

Last edited:

Its been a pleasure.

Alex.

perhaps after you've finished your granddaughter can pick your toys up and put them back in the pram, once again this is a massive overreaction by a forum member who upon reading a conflicting view asks for a account deletion.

i didn't see the thread, and as a moderator on another forum we do state that NSFW has to be placed in the title for safety, i am however a strong advocate of less censorship and more common sense.

and unless the picture in the thread was SERIOUSLY NSFW then i'm sure a 15yr old has seen worse.

I'm sorry but the pictures in that post were definitely NSFW. If you think otherwise then perhaps your workplace is not representative the nations as a whole.

Frankly I am saddened by the way some in this thread have turned on Speedybiker for speaking his mind.

Closing the thread now as there is no place for debate on this one.

I'll say again, the thread in question received *multiple* complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom