Who uses ‘V-Power Diesel’....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
So I’ve always run standard diesel in my car (with absolutely no issues)... it’s a OM651 with a DPF.

The other day I needed to fill up and at that particular pump there was only V-Power diesel available... anyway, I thought I’d give it a go... @150.9p I may add 😱

I’ve got to say... I’m not sure if it’s the placebo effect but the car does seem to run a bit smoother... but I’m not entirely convinced if it’s actually true or just a placebo.. the extra £ per tank is equivalent to putting in a bottle of fuel treatment + about £3-5 extra for the convenience so not too bad when you think of it that way.

opinions?

Mrs MJ's previous car was a Kia Diesel with DPF, which we owned for 5 years. We've only ever filled-up with Shell V-Power, so unfortunately I can't compare it to what might have been if we were using regular Diesel fuel. But it ran fine and had no issues... if this helps.

we have not had a diesel for some time, but our trusty ML 270 CDI only ever drank Optimax diesel (as it was before being rebranded VPower. It’s GTL (Gas to Liquid) diesel with is much cleaner than regular diesel, and more expensive as a result of the limited volume.

Used it once a month in my old Dodge Nitro, it did seem to clear out the crap for around 10 miles after a fill up. I have a shell go card that i use when filling my work truck, £2-300 a shot (don't tell the boss) so i use my rewards to fill my cars, a lot cheaper that way. My SL320 don't like the good stuff so it goes in the wifes Jag, that really likes it, what a difference. Hope this helps.

All that to save a few bob at the pump? i just cant be ****d. :cool: the time that takes you could have a beer👍
Tony.

Argh !! BUT this lad buys ceramic brake pads which tbf are not cheap, so a saving at the pump goes towards a pump at the foot ... 👍👍👍

Since our local Costco opened up a filling station, I fill up the wife's diesel there as their premium derv is cheaper or the same as 'standard' in most other stations. I would fill the S8 there too had they not reduced the octane from 99 to 97

How do you know if it "liked" other fuels if you only ever used one brand?
Because in France for example I could fill her only with Total and the difference in engine running was immediate and noticeable for worse. That’s the reason I’ve started planning my French routes with pit stop in Luxembourg so I can fill the tank there with V-Power.

Yup, I always use premium fuels. The difference in smoothness is most notable in the Golf. Normal diesel makes it sound ticky but, the premium diesel really makes it smooth.

+1 for a noticeable difference with premium fuels. I even use the good stuff in my lawnmower, though that’s petrol. I’m sure I get an extra 0.25 bhp which helps with the more stubborn fescues.

I’m sure I get an extra 0.25 bhp which helps with the more stubborn fescues.

The premium petrol doesn't contain more energy per litre.

The effect of higher RON is to allow the engine to run at higher compression without knocking.

It's therefore unlikely that there is any tangible benefit sticking higher RON fuel in a mower engine.

The premium petrol doesn't contain more energy per litre.

The effect of higher RON is to allow the engine to run at higher compression without knocking.

It's therefore unlikely that there is any tangible benefit sticking higher RON fuel in a mower engine.
I think Chris was being comedic regarding the extra BHP. 🙂

I think Chris was being comedic regarding the extra BHP. 🙂
True, I was. 😀 Though I do run it on Castrol R as well though just for the perfume!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom