Who Was Looking For A G-Wagen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

I'm at this auction on Thursday if this G-Wagen is of interest to anyone?

CVA - Doncaster Van Stock List

It looks very clean in the pictures so if it's at the right money, I might buy it for a bit of winter fun.....

I would have loved a LWB one but they all go for big money

like most 460 models it has rust in the rear 3/4, not fatal but can be costly if its done properly. The ge230 is more fuel efficient than the twin cam ge280 and gives away little in overall performance, the state of the drivers seat is indicative of how its been looked after however the seller has chosen not to show this. Inspect for rust around the window screen as this is much more serious and expensive to mend than the rear three quarters. LWB models give a less choppy ride than the swb models so are better on road but worse off road.

Have had 3, I preferred the swb to all others, it was a bit more "dynamic". If you buy it I have some bits here inc all the bushes etc to tighten up the crappy sloppy gearchange.

I think the list went something like.

Ian Walker
trapperjohn
Jukie

MPG figures on the 460 280 GE are not for the faint hearted!

MPG figures on the 460 280 GE are not for the faint hearted!

I was just thinking that....makes my 300GES look quite economical :D

Did you buy it? What did it go for?
I only stayed for an hour because I had a customer picking up a couple of vans at dinner and it didn't go through while I was there, so I can't tell you.

And by the time my customer been and gone, I couldn't be ****d to go back to the auction....:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom