Who will own up to watching this utter ****

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Its a pet hate of mine, but bear with me. I need a rant:D
Will anyone of sound mind on this forum own up to actually watching Love Island and similar "reality" TV and enjoy it?

I ask, as I see ITV2? are starting a new series this evening and I question the actual point of the programme.

To me ,it appears the terminally lazy, brain dead entrants think this is their way to a fortune without working. I'm no prude, but joining a TV programme to have sex with a stranger (or two) to get some kind of recognition by the fawning public is a new low. I saw a few minutes of the last series by accident and I couldn't believe the depths TV programme makers have plumbed.

The so called "celebrities" of similar shows like TOWIE, Geordie Shore, etc etc etc appear to have the intelligence of an amoeba, the manners of animals, and spend their time looking at themselves in a mirror or having a hissy fit.

Give me strength, what they do doesn't affect me in the slightest, but it makes my p*ss boil when I look at hard working youngsters trying to get on in life and comparing them with these appalling creatures thinking they are Gods gift.

I blame the morons who actually commission these shows and actually pay them to appear, and the simpletons that watch them. No viewers, no shows.
How dull are their lives to watch these talentless nobodies in these tacky shows.

I couldn't sleep the other evening and came downstairs and turned on the TV and did some channel hopping to see if anything could interest me. I happened upon a trio of tarts, one of which was making a cast of her clopper to send to her imprisoned b/f to remind him of her! FFS I stumbled upon the absolute worst of British TV and wonder where we are heading. (it was an episode of Geordie Shore btw)

Am I alone in my hate for these dreadful programmes, or am I just an old coffin dodger with nothing else to do but moan like Victor Meldrew? No wonder todays kids are mixed up if they think reality TV is the norm.
Rant over:mad:
FhGwf6H.jpg

Completely agree, although I have never seen any of these programmes. Just the thought of what you describe makes me cringe.

My sis in law loves it all. But then she's only 21 and is an InstaSnapBook duck-facer as well.

Mrs Kianok has been looking forward to this for weeks.

She’s even bought a Love Island water bottle with her name on.

Kill me now......

Mrs Kianok has been looking forward to this for weeks.

She’s even bought a Love Island water bottle with her name on.

Kill me now......
If you trot out the line "Mrs K made me watch it" then you do know that we won't believe you, don't you?

:)

If you trot out the line "Mrs K made me watch it" then you do know that we won't believe you, don't you?

:)
How about “it was on in the background” :)

For years I've been blaming East Enders for the aggressive angry attitudes I see all too often,
maybe it's these reality shows you describe that influence the hard of thinking types as well.

Banned on our telly, all of that cr*p.

I've never watched it but it sounds like so much other rubbish TV. I suppose we should be thankful that there is still some quality programmes in the UK which can't be said for many other countries.

As I type this the Mrs is watching one of soaps. Have you noticed the obsession with criminality in all the soaps these days. All garbage. If that's reality TV then I must lead a sheltered existence.

Could not agree more, she watches home and away and the agression that goes on drives me mad, but there again so does the false agro on wheeler dealers.

Thank god for the off button

Hi,
We call these programs Poli filler in our household - in this case Poli stands for People Of Low Intelligence.
The same goes for McDonalds, Burger King etc. - all Poli filler meals!
Cheers
Steve

Not seen any of it. Just the trailers make my skin crawl....

My 12year old Son going on 18 does :/ and my Fit Sister in Law ROTFL along with my daughter lol

Don't watch reality shows or soaps (although I did watch the american comedy SOAP back in the day).
You can't blame the people who commission these programs because they are giving people what they want.
It is just unfortunate for the rest of us that what they want is pathetic.

You know what reality TV I'd love to watch, Death Island. Where a bunch of convicted criminals are put on an island and have to fight to the death for survival. The winner doesn't get eaten by the other scum basically and wins a holiday in solitary confinement.

If only Dragon's Den was still on, I'd be touting that idea. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom