Who will own up to watching this utter ****

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
wOtVxHx.jpg

Hey Patagonian, was this aimed at me?

Although I've had some very heated debates on here, I wouldn't call them by any means, 'arguments'.

They are generally clash of opinions or deep debates to which I still respect the opinions of fellow members whom I debate with and can empathise with how they came to their conclusions..

I think it's good and healthy to debate and we should have lots of it on this forum... makes it more interesting and exciting I suppose!

EDIT: Just seen exchange between DrFeelGood and AMGeed; although immature, it's still entertaining nonetheless :p

No my friend, it was most certainly wasn't - just the group of have a goers, which changes by the day. We are all part of it in one way or another. Be good if the place - we, it, all - lightened up a bit. Which this thread appears to have done in any case. :):)

And... love the pic of that car. How I wish I was young enough to drive round in something like that in Shinjuku.

Quantum perfectionism super-position.

Having said that if you did see him then the super perfectionism should collapse to establish either the perfect or imperfect individual in just one of the corners.

I could see it might be a good idea to find a box to put him in together with a randomly activated posion emitter and create an experiment that might not prove much but might become a widely quoted and mentioned - Patagonian's FeelGood experiment - in which no cats could possibly be harmed (or not harmed).

One feels there's a very, very long thread thread waiting to be started and already started on the subject. One that perhaps would spend its life both banned and not banned. Although, binary not probably has no place in any Danish hosted interpretation.

Btw, recently finished Carlo Rovelli's Order of Time. What a trip that was. Thoroughly recommended (he says, as if he had any idea what 90% of it was about). I did get to understand one thing though - that time is influenced by mass as well as speed, which is why it appears that we all have an old head on a younger pair of shoulders. With massive people in particular, appearing to operate in several time zones all at once.

No my friend, it was most certainly wasn't - just the group of have a goers, which changes by the day. We are all part of it in one way or another. Be good if the place - we, it, all - lightened up a bit. Which this thread appears to have done in any case. :):)

And... love the pic of that car. How I wish I was young enough to drive round in something like that in Shinjuku.

Yes Patagonian, I completely understand where you're coming from... Seems to be a fair bit of 'trolling' going on. You just have to take all these forums with a pinch of salt as there are trolls in all of them..

Thanks for the kind words buddy, it's an absolute awesome car. The japs always kept the good stuff for themselves. Well you're never too old to drive one..I bought this motor from a 68 year old fella and he absolutely loved it. It's more a question of height. I'm 6'1 and it does take a strain on my legs sometimes. Doesn't help having fitted it with a plated Cusco LSD which requires some delicate clutch control.. But totally worth it! I'm fitting GT seats from an older generation soon which in principle should give me a little more space.. So, you live in Tokoyo??

Last edited:
No, I don't live in Tokyo. But lived in HK in my 20s and spent many a long weekend in Japan. Adored the place.

12718130_173142816409880_6841011773087199840_n.jpg

That's me on the left ;)

Doesn't help having fitted it with a plated Cusco LSD which requires some delicate clutch control

You're losing me now.

Love the names they give their cars, Cedric etc but not sure I like the sound of a Mercedes Mike...

No, I don't live in Tokyo. But lived in HK in my 20s and spent many a long weekend in Japan. Adored the place.

That's me on the left ;)

You're losing me now.

Love the names they give their cars, Cedric etc but not sure I like the sound of a Mercedes Mike...

Great photo. Great smile. ;)

I happened upon a trio of tarts, one of which was making a cast of her clopper to send to her imprisoned b/f to remind him of her! FFS
Somewhat childishly, this really has stuck with me, and I can't help but wonder; if she'd shaved it first, would it have been a clippety clop?

That's me on the left ;)

You're losing me now.

Ahhh I love your posts mate. :)

I've have a Starlet as a daily for over 20 years. They defy belief on whatever scale you wish to measure them by. Dr. Z. get your Engineers to work studying the mighty Toyota Starlet that's how you build a car matey.

As for TV, look at the population around you, how are you going to sell them useless trinkets if they are watching stuff that over activates their brain in an intellectual way? Better to sweeten them up with nonsense that they can understand and relate to so that when the suggestions to buy our product comes on they are already pre-prepared psychologically grab the very next bit of bling you throw their way. The mistake you all make is thinking TV is entertainment, it isn't! It is Ad Prep and social conditioning 101. Stay away...

I thought the radio may be different, but the BBC World Service here is nothing but poor me, third world radio; what a waste of resource.

Never mind, this has brought me closer to youtube, the best TV on the planet.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's me on the left ;)

You're losing me now.

haha aah sweet, looks like you were having the time of your life! That side of the world is so relaxing and chilled out! I also lived in Malaysia for a year whilst studying at University of Nottingham and it was probably one of the best years of my life!..although my grades didn't reflect that.

9yidCQ6.jpg

That's me on the right. [emoji14]

oh it's not complicated, if you imagine a car drives around in a circle, the inside wheel has to turn less number of times than the outside wheel. This wouldn't be possible without a differential which essentially splits the two wheels by shaft and they meet together on splined plates which allows independent movement of each drive wheel.

I've have a Starlet as a daily for over 20 years. They defy belief on whatever scale you wish to measure them by. Dr. Z. get your Engineers to work studying the mighty Toyota Starlet that's how you build a car matey.

As for TV, look at the population around you, how are you going to sell them useless trinkets if they are watching stuff that over activates their brain in an intellectual way? Better to sweeten them up with nonsense that they can understand and relate to so that when the suggestions to buy our product comes on they are already pre-prepared psychologically grab the very next bit of bling you throw their way. The mistake you all make is thinking TV is entertainment, it isn't! It is Ad Prep and social conditioning 101. Stay away...

I thought the radio may be different, but the BBC World Service here is nothing but poor me, third world radio; what a waste of resource.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They weren't so amazing, Starlets handle so awfully out of the factory. I threw some money and installed coilovers, anti roll bars, strut braces (both front and rear), panhard rod and polymer bushes. As a result, my car no longer wants to torque steer me into a hedge or car coming in opposite direction when that boost hits!.. I wouldn't be able to justify owning one of those sportifs/standard models, for me the turbo variant is where the most smiles per gallon are at! You have a point, got to build them right to enjoy them properly and safely..

Agreed on the TV/radio front. It's one big programme to turn everyone into complacent zombie consumers! Has anyone seen 'They Live' ?

Last edited:
When the yoof claim that old people shouldn't have the vote I can only think of programmes like Love Island which are watched pretty much exclusively by a generation that claims it is superior to mine.

Mine handles great and no torque steer at all, not even in first going up the drive. They are one of the very best handling cars you can get, on account of them being so light. Incredibly ridiculously short braking is possible, still haven't mastered that side of it properly!

haha aah sweet, looks like you were having the time of your life! That side of the world is so relaxing and chilled out! I also lived in Malaysia for a year whilst studying at University of Nottingham and it was probably one of the best years of my life!..although my grades didn't reflect that.

9yidCQ6.jpg

That's me on the right.
emoji14.png

Oh my.... :) Women. Same the world over.

Well the bits I've been to! :banana::banana:

oh it's not complicated, if you imagine a car drives around in a circle, the inside wheel has to turn less number of times than the outside wheel. This wouldn't be possible without a differential which essentially splits the two wheels by shaft and they meet together on splined plates which allows independent movement of each drive wheel.

Yeah, got the LSD bit... Or is that not what you meant ? :D

Chris

yes agreed, but Instagram video is a riot too. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom