Who will own up to watching this utter ****

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never watch any of them,then I do not watch any soaps either,I am helped with this by SWMBO but she watches Strictly and so I watch the other tv or read a book.

Steady on! What's wrong with a fat burger every now and then?

I quite enjoy a burger but a recent development is making me a bit queasy.

In a further attempt to dumb down or sex up our food I've noticed something new in supermarkets and on fast food menus.

Yes, it's the dirty burger and dirty fries.

In my understanding a dirty burger is a particularly unhygienic ladies front bottom. As for dirty fries just have a dump on my chips or cover in some other bodily fluid.

Kind of puts me off a bit.

Chris

The only ‘reality’ type stuff I will own up to watching is I’m A Celebrity purely because I like to see the ‘celebrities’ - most of whom I’ve never heard of - suffer and whinge :D . Unfortunately I am subject to the drivel of LI, Towie, Made in Chelsea etc whenever I go and stay with my daughter as her husband seems addicted to them and I can’t escape unless I go and sit in a room by myself. I watch purely out of a kind of morbid curiosity that people can really be that vapid and dumb (yes I believe most of them are). I even caught myself briefly wondering (after having had to sit through a week’s worth of LI) who Olivia chose (it actually brainwashes you!! :eek: ). Whenever I think that TV can’t sink any lower it does! The popularity of reality TV is telling amongst a certain generation, and sad to see so many youngsters aspiring to be like them :confused::rolleyes:

Thankfully when I return home I can get my sanity back and watch nature documentaries.

I couldn't sleep the other evening and came downstairs and turned on the TV and did some channel hopping to see if anything could interest me. I happened upon a trio of tarts, one of which was making a cast of her clopper to send to her imprisoned b/f to remind him of her! FFS I stumbled upon the absolute worst of British TV and wonder where we are heading. (it was an episode of Geordie Shore btw)

Clopper? It's probably the best sentence I've read in a while, Rog! Clopper? Never heard that one before, not that I remember. "A cast of her clopper" will stay in my mind all day, and although I don't watch reality stuff, I feel like I may have missed out.

Clopper!:D

It reminds me of the kid who saw his mum in the shower, and pointing between her legs he asked "What's that, mummy?" To avoid any embarrassing discussions, she quickly replied "That's where daddy hit me with his chopper, son." "Cor, what a shot," replied the kid, "right in the clopper"

I don’t think Joey Essex is anything like as stupid as he makes out he is.

I suspect he's marketed very well at least and as said he hides any intelligence he may have. He certainly seems dense enough that the light bends round him.

It's a sad fact that idiocy makes money. Look at the popularity Jade Goody, first millionaire from Big Brother and didn't even win, was just marketed very well.

I find that I struggle with these 'telly' shows. I just cannot work out what (if anything) they are attempting to bring to us. I was educated at a time where the TV was seen as a 'new educator' and tool that could, at the click of a button educate the masses be that thru Andy Pandy or Panorama, Alan Whicker ete. But educate it did and when it did not you knew it was not. There was a cleary distinct and defined boundary.

Now what I see programme makers in a race to the bottom, determined to 'out silly' or out smut their rivals (there can't be that many?). The race seems to be about who can produce the biggest load of old toot in the shortest possible time and have it broadcast to the masses. The more vacuous the "stars" the better the chances of success. Put up people who can barely exist through speech or intellect and you are onto a sure fire winner. The dumber the better.

The scary bit being the general public's need to get involved as if it is reality. I suspect that continual lack of reality in their own lives has led to a need for artificial reality?

A recent Shopping Mall opening in kent was davertised as being opened by "reality TV Star (insert unknown name)" A few days later we treated to photographs of a young lady standing in front of an empty seating area, complaining how "bad PR" meant the show was not publicised, or, Nobody turned up. The bad PR surrounded her part in a racially motivated punch up with guests at a previous opening.

We are Doomed Captain. Doomed I tell you.

I would rather remove each one of my bollock hairs individually with tweezers than waste a second of my life watching a bunch of narcissistic oxygen-theives.

OP chose his subject and audience carefully.

How do you reach your above conclusion?
Was your "Oh dear" comment previously a disagreement on my take?

It's something to discuss and judging the posts so far, I'm not in the minority.

The BBC jumped on the bandwagon this morning with Breakfast TV devoting a section to actually promote this......... a rival channel's dross, and have a "exspurt on reality tv" comment. It really is a race to the bottom.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's something to discuss and judging the posts so far, I'm not in the minority.

The BBC jumped on the bandwagon this morning with Breakfast TV devoting a section to actually promote this......... a rival channel's dross, and have a "exspurt on reality tv" comment. It really is a race to the bottom.

This thread and millions like it are analysed for sentiment daily by the broadcasters (some of the many 'robots' visiting this site). And they love threads like this almost as much as they do positive comments - it counts towards eyes on page which is what advertisers want to see - and increasingly by the BBC, negcom is considered valid audience participation. So you're making Tony Hall moderately happy just by being negative. As bizarre as that might sound.

Anyway, here's sentiment analysis for your opening post. This and others like it will be rolled up into broadcasters' daily stats and spun to some unsuspecting advertising budget holder over lunch.

upload_2018-6-5_13-4-5.png

How do you reach your above conclusion? - By making the observation that there is a relatively small but increasingly vocal segment of forum membership who will react positively to your OP. It's very predictable.

Was your "Oh dear" comment previously a disagreement on my take? - Not necessarily, it's the predictability of it which caused my comment, you could score similar forum points among your peers by starting a thread about BMW drivers fsiling to indicate or that Audi drivers are prone to tailgating.

It's something to discuss and judging the posts so far, I'm not in the minority. - Well you knew that before you posted no?

Now what I see programme makers in a race to the bottom, determined to 'out silly' or out smut their rivals

The scary bit being the general public's need to get involved as if it is reality. I suspect that continual lack of reality in their own lives has led to a need for artificial reality?

The complaint is familiar. I seem to recall what I then thought of as the older generation making the same sort of comments a few decades ago.

One change that has happened is the pervasiveness of the media. It's 24 hours. When I grew up I can remember different editions of the morning newspaper and news programmed being at specific times. Then in the 80s we got breakfast TV and teletext. And then more middle of the day TV and then multiple 24 hours news channels and more chat in the middle of the day - and then in the last two decades print media like newspapers starts adding to the 24 hour delivery.

They need to fill it. And the people providing the dross to fill it know that they need the media to make it worthwhile generating the dross. You lose the attention of the viewers and media for an instant and you are history.

Look at me. Look look at me. Over here. Look look look look at me.

24 hour news channels are the same even when reporting something serious and ongoing. Need to hold on to the viewer so spout woffle or anything to keep them. If the other side finds a snippet then grab it and reemphasise it on your own channel.

As Patagonian suggests - they don't seem to care about anything as long as they get the attention.

The 'reality' shows are an invention - but then so is sport or a game show or a soap opera or drama series.

Is a group of guys in a barber shop talking about what happened in football over the weekend any different than other groups of people talking about what happened on Strictly or Corrie or BGT or .... And the media - do they care whether they fill their pages with sport or reporting the latest 'events' on Big Brother as long as people read it?

How do you reach your above conclusion? - By making the observation that there is a relatively small but increasingly vocal segment of forum membership who will react positively to your OP. It's very predictable.

Was your "Oh dear" comment previously a disagreement on my take? - Not necessarily, it's the predictability of it which caused my comment, you could score similar forum points among your peers by starting a thread about BMW drivers fsiling to indicate or that Audi drivers are prone to tailgating.

It's something to discuss and judging the posts so far, I'm not in the minority. - Well you knew that before you posted no?

Probably best you put me on ignore then.
You are reading an awful lot more into a lighthearted original post than intended. You also assume a lot.

Probably best you put me on ignore then.
You are reading an awful lot more into a lighthearted original post than intended. You also assume a lot.

You asked me some questions, I answered as honestly as I could and yet you are still moody. You just can't please some people, oh, isn't that the whole point of the thread?

I'll certainly consider making you the first to go on my ignore list but I'm not promising anything.

I quite enjoy a burger but a recent development is making me a bit queasy.

In a further attempt to dumb down or sex up our food I've noticed something new in supermarkets and on fast food menus.

Yes, it's the dirty burger and dirty fries.

In my understanding a dirty burger is a particularly unhygienic ladies front bottom. As for dirty fries just have a dump on my chips or cover in some other bodily fluid.

Kind of puts me off a bit.

Chris
Dirty Martini is OK though, after all you can just chuck the olive away.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom