Who would have thought an FS1E would ever fetch £10,000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Wow! Great nick and no doubt very very rare these days, but £10k? If someone has an itch for something from their youth and now has the money, why not I guess. Would be one heck of an itch though.

I had one too, think I paid about £30 for it (it was a bit knackered but did run). £10k though? Hmm. I've noticed that seller before, they do have some nice bikes....

I had one too, think I paid about £30 for it (it was a bit knackered but did run). £10k though? Hmm. I've noticed that seller before, they do have some nice bikes....

Yep they do but they are always very optimistic with their pricing!

Wow! Had one of those when I was 16. Ate pistons for fun but could touch 50 lying flat on the tank. Mind you the brakes were all but useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no accounting for taste when a Fizzy is worth more than say a classic BMW of similar vintage.

No chance at that price!

Ten grand? for a Fizzy? That will buy a nice 400/four to look at and an RD400 to ride! (and probably leave enough change for a scruffy SLK to play with!)

Hi,
The prices for these have been climbing steadily for quite a few years, indeed any early unrestricted 50cc Moped, I had a FSIE myself, paid £80 for it, such a heap mum and dad lent me the money to buy a newer better conditioned moped (maroon Yamaha RD50M).
never really understood the popularity of the FSIE when Suzuki's AP50 was a far better bike, faster, better looking and built, and you didn't have to premix the fuel.

Fantic GT50 for me rare as hens teeth. Lousy electrics went like stink.

Fantic GT50 for me rare as hens teeth. Lousy electrics went like stink.
I had a Fantic TI-6. I ported it, fitted a piston from a GT/Caballero which used regular rings so I didn't have to keep rebuilding the top end every time the Dykes Ring failed, swapped the standard carb for a 19mm Dell'Orto and matching inlet stub, and made my own expansion chamber. It would eat fizzies. And AP50's, and Fantic GT's and Garelli Records... :) It was even quicker running on methanol :D

Mousing around, I found this great article, The Ultimate Weapon, that accurately describes the highs, lows and tribulations of owning a Fantic TI in the 1970's. Happy days!

Good god.
At least my first bike was a proper one.
Unfortunately, the law decreed that it was too dangerous for me to ride a "proper" bike when I was 16 :rolleyes:

BTW, how many times did your beezer blow up? :p

The BSA 250 singles did untold damage to the reputation of the British motorcycle industry :(

Fizzy-tastic condition, but the highest recorded sale price for a Fizzy is £4k on Ebay UK. But good luck to the vendor: you can but ask....

Personally I'd rather spend £4k on an immaculate black S500L with 45k on the clock, but each to their own. Many happy memories of 18 years olds buzzing around on those things, back in the day.

Definitely 2T - unlike the 250s from BSA which are all 4T (according to Wiki at least).

It was a D10 sports.
Engine and frame number D10A 4132

And I can’t remember what I did 10 minutes ago!!

Blew head gaskets all the time. Seized up at least twice.
Worst though was when it would ‘diesel’ when hot, and the revs would scream away even with the ignition turned off.

Really wanted a C15 or Tiger Cub, but my mum had had a D1 when they first came out and pushed me towards the Bantam.
After a few years it ended up like Trigger’s broom with all the parts I had replaced.
Ended up giving it a good overhaul and clean up and gave it to my brother for his birthday.

Last edited:
'Kin 'ow much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom